• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse

This forum section is heavily moderated. Please click here to view our Dockside Chat posting policies.

In order to maintain the friendly, all-inclusive, family-oriented environment of the iboats.com Forums, this non-boating discussion area will be heavily moderated. Topics such as politics, religion, and social controversy will be removed as will jokes and other humor which single out any specific group (gender, religion, race, etc).
See more
See less

Marine Franchise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marine Franchise

anyone know of a good place to go for research on marine store franchises? i.e. West Marine, Boaters World etc....

Re: Marine Franchise

A very generous bank.

Comment

what type of info? like prices of parts for sale or franchise rights? or profit margins???

question may be too vague.

Comment

As far as I know, neither one you mentioned has franchises. Don't know of any other.
        sigpicIf it were easy, any Caveman could do it.

Comment

i'm interested in researching how to purchase or obtain a marine store. i thought the 2 i mentioned were franchises - maybe not??

Comment

Your information may best be found researching "Franchising" or "Franchises".

sigpicIf it were easy, any Caveman could do it.

Comment

If you are considering opening one just contact their corporate office. They usually have requirements such as sq footage, store front, location, and liquid capitol.
              This is a great link to boat specifications http://boatspecs.iboats.com/
              Please, shop iboats first!!

Comment

I was wondering about this kind of thing the other day. Does iboats have any store fronts anywhere? Have bass pro, cabellas, west marine, but I have never seen an iboats store? Do they exist?

Comment

vipzach,

I believe iboats business model is almost entirely virtual . . . Their inventory is actually "held" by partner stores. They network all of it together. i.e. no storefronts . . .
                  Torque gets you there. Horsepower gets you there in time for dinner.

Comment

Thanks QC! I was just wondering if they had one or not. I have never bought from online places, I like to go see and touch stuff before I buy. I am getting ready to buy some smart tabs from iboats though. It makes sense to have it virtual........low overhead! Does it make for a slow turn around on your order though?

Comment

Quote Gary H NC
                      http://www.iboats.com/bbboard/bbBoar...0;gtid=1117855
                      There is a marina for sale too...wish i could buy it!

If your interested in moving might check this thread out.

Comment

thanks for all the feedback folks...

Comment

Working...
                        X