Hats off to Magellan!

mscher

Lieutenant
Being the dum-dum, I screwed up the firmware on my Magellan Map 330 GPS Unit, making it inoperable.<br /><br />Although Magellan (Thales Navigation), quoted $71 to repair by email, the technician on the phone stated that if that is all that it needed, there would be no charge.<br /><br />I sent it in and a week later a whole new (probably refurbished) unit arrives, with carry case, strap and user guide (although in french).<br /><br />It was also flashed with the latest version of the MARINE (330M) firmware. :D <br /><br />The whole deal cost me $5.36.<br /><br />Excellent customer service, especially, since the unit was neary two years old and the 330 is a discontinued product.<br /><br />I am no longer "lost"

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Hats off to Magellan!

Great! :D <br /><br />See, there are still some companies that remember what Customer Service really means.

byordy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Hats off to Magellan!

Last year I sent my four year old Garmin GPS 90 (aviation database) back to Garmin for repair and a database update. The back light on the display was out and the GPS would not operate from the 12 volts in the airplane. I also wanted the database updated at a cost of $150.00.<br />When I opened the box that the unit was returned to me in I found a GPS-92 with current database, (probably refurbished but the latest version of the GPS-90 series) complete with case and antenna. All for the cost of a database update. The manual is available free via a download from Garmin's web site. <br />Garmin has also updated their web site and now I can download the GPS-92 database updates directly to the GPS-92 for $39.00 an update.<br />Excellent support from Garmin. <br />Bill.....