NFL - Week 15

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The Niners are winning over Tenn too. I guess they gave up the fight for 1st draft pick since the Browns maintained their perfect record.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Yup, the refs cost Pit the game. But, he did bobble the ball when he hit the ground and it looked like he lost control... Huge call....

GA_Boater

Once again - What is a touchdown? How many times do they say that the nose of the ball crosses the plane is a TD. It was in control then.

I know I'm biased. And disappointed!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I agree, one minute all the tip of the ball had to do is cross the front edge of the goal line, the next minute u have to maintain control on the way to the ground and after hitting the ground. Which is it?

aspeck

Staff member
Glad we had company and I had to pay attention to the company and didn?t get to see the game...

GA_Boater

Glad we had company and I had to pay attention to the company and didn?t get to see the game...

Your blood pressure thanks you, 'speck. I won't check mine for a couple of days. :mad-new:

aspeck

Staff member
I did see the high (or low) lights. Seems like so
many things could/should have gone differently ... Stillers SHOULD have won ... but the bottom line is they did not. At home they controlled the Post-Season destiny and they blew it .... hope AB is okay ...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I believe they said AB has a torn calf. Supposed to be back for the playoffs, time will tell....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Sidebar, Danica just split with Stenhouse after 5yrs.... Who knew it was that long...

Last edited:

boatman37

Lieutenant
When I played football in high school my junior year we finished the regular season 9-1 and won the championship. The only game we lost was 7-6 and we called that the credit card game. The ref took a credit card out of his wallet and stuck it between the ball and stick. No lie! We held them to like 50 yards total offense but we fumbled a pitch near our own goal line and that is how they scored. Anyway, there is a pic in our yearbook of the ref measuring.

On another note, the local Pittsburgh news channel showed 3 times this year that NE benefited from the end zone fumble. Against Houston earlier this year Cook caught one in the end zone and fell out of bounds and the ball clearly hit the ground before he regained control but they gave him the TD after replay. According to the news they would have lost this game if the cal went against NE. Then against the Jets a Jet player crossed the goal line, the ball clearly broke the plane. The ball wobbled slightly while the player was still up but held on all the way through the fall but after replay the refs reversed the TD. Hmmmmm. Don't know what to say 'bout that.