NFL - Week 14

aspeck

Staff member
NFL Week 14

Okay, week 13 drags on because of the NFL?s lack of consistency ... Gronk and JuJu won?t have a week 14.

Get your picks in (@Wimusky) and let the new week begin ...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Another b-ball game tonite, leaving shortly. I think it's the 3rd one this week.

Eli is back in the lineup. angus should be happy.......... Maybe......:yo:

Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier underwent spinal stabilization surgery after sustaining a severe back injury against the Cincinnati Bengals on Monday night.

We all know Ju Ju is suspended for 1 game. Reason is still unkown.....

Gronk suspended for hitting White when the play was over and White was still on the ground...

Cleveland fired their GM.....

Giants fire coach Ben McAdoo, GM Jerry Reese...

Here's a slew of injuries:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/pag...biggest-injury-questions-all-32-teams-week-14

iBoats Pick 'em:
1) LIG yawn........ haha 5pt lead with 2 weeks to go....
2) PSU Homer
2) bassman

These 3 have been duking it out for awhile...

Top Score for Week 13
PSU Homer 14 Congrat's Art!

NO/ATL tonite.....

Get your picks in, I just did..... :)

Good luck everyone....

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Thought Brees and the boys would pull it out in the final minute and a half. Intercepted by ATL. Shucks! Atlanta wins 20-17.

FishyFish is the only one to pick Atlanta.

aspeck

Staff member
I almost picked Atlanta ... but almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades (and atomic bombs). Atlanta playing at home, but it is that time of year for strange things to happen ... thought NO and Brees would pull it out in the end ... close ... good game ...

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I'm a Bills fan. Since the AFL days. Mom is from North Tonawanda. Every Sunday if you didn't root for the Bills, Daryl Lamonica and Cookie Gillcrest on that little black and white 12" TV with the circle screen no food for you, nienta, nothing. Mostly on the radio if I can remember. All I can say is somehow we beat the Falcons this year. Believe it or not at 500 there is the chance we break the 17 year playoff drought. 17 years. Please Jimbo make a comeback. What a mess at 1 Bills Drive. He's our starter, oops no he isn't, yep he is this week, for a 1/2 anyway. Nope he's the man, no he isn't, maybe a game time decision. My head is spinning before it implodes. I'll even hope Joe Ferguson makes a comeback, right from the retirement home. Maybe Flutie!!!!!!! Can anyone imagine how it feels to lose 4 in a row, 4, not 2 not 3 but FOUR. Maybe someday we will keep a 1st round pick or Pro Bowlers beyond their rookie or free agent contracts. Marchand Lynch, Sammy Watkins, Mario Williams, Gilmore, Evans, maybe? Or a Kiko Alonzo, Mike Gillislee, Hogan. Those guys would be nice additions to a team. Oh I forgot, THEY WERE BUFFALO BILLS. Can you hear me know? At least Rex the walking sound bite was fun to watch his pressers. I actually like that rookie coach Sean something, he's better at not answering questions than a well seasoned member of Congress.

Last edited:

angus63

Captain
Not sure what to expect from Eli and the Administratively challenged NYG today. Wouldn't be surprised if they take out their frustration on the Pokes, or show no emotion and lose by 30+. That's why God made Redzone! 🤓Enjoy your Sunday! But first, time to clear our first snow. 🏈🏈🌨🌨⛄⛄❄❄

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Only me and Homer picked the Jaguars ... Real worried Wilson was gunna beat us with all the time left at the end ... Got real ugly before it was over .
Saw Wentz got hurt but the Eagles still pulled it out ...

WIMUSKY

Staff member
They think Wentz may have a torn ACL.... That would be it for the Eagles...

GA_Boater

Not a playoff threat, but Texan QB Savage was used and abused today. No way he should have returned to the game. What is the 200 Million Dollar Man going to do?

aspeck

Staff member
They think Wentz may have a torn ACL.... That would be it for the Eagles...
Eagles still have Foles as the back-up ... they should be OKAY ... Stillers pull out a crazy one ... 216-0-2 when leading by 14 or more points at Heinz Field ... had to come from behind down by 11 in the 3rd to do it ...

GA_Boater

Tonight the Steelers let Chris Boswell win another one. This time with 46 ticks left on the clock. Whew.

Steelers clinch AFC North with the win, 39-38 over the Ravens.

The Browns are still perfect.

Old Ironmaker

Captain
Well I almost froze to death watching the Snow Bowl in Buffalo today. And I was in my living room, it just felt like it. We are directly across the lake from Western NY and the sky was black over the southern tier on the opposite side of the lake. Blue Bird skies and sunny here. When Indy scored the 2 pointer to go up 8-7 with little time on the clock. I switched to another game. Feeling guilty I switched right back to see Indy's score called back on a penalty. What a strange atmosphere for a ball game. That Patriot game in the snow was nothing like this one. The snow was 2 feet deep, or deeper in spots, amazing. I'm sure it will be replayed this week on the NFL network. I have never had to play in anything like that, not many have. McCoy got the call from Primetime. 30 plus carries for over 150 and a TD, in 2 feet of snow.

Most of those guys were sleeveless. I grew up and live in Canada, don't tell me they weren't freezing their butts off, impossible not to with bare arms impossible. Maybe adrenilin will keep you warm for 20 minutes but not 2 1/2 hours, no way.

My wife and I attended the 96' Grey Cup in Hamilton On where it started snowing at kick off and didn't let up. It was cold that day but we didn't wear Snow Mobile suits. We were home before 1/2 time. I 'm glad we went, I can say I was there. I have talked to people about that CFL Championship and about 500,000 also claim they were there too!

Last edited:

angus63

Captain
Always like watching a heavy snow game. Been to a bunch of NYG games that I froze to my seat and watched what looked like a slow motion sandlot game. Great ending for the Bills too!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Not a playoff threat, but Texan QB Savage was used and abused today. No way he should have returned to the game. What is the 200 Million Dollar Man going to do?

I read the Bleacher Report about this and how the concussion protocol is a joke. Savage is proof... Was it Russel Wilson a few weeks ago that had to go to the tent to get checked? they showed him going in and turning right around and came back out. They checked nothing...

Eagles still have Foles as the back-up ... they should be OKAY ... Stillers pull out a crazy one ... 216-0-2 when leading by 14 or more points at Heinz Field ... had to come from behind down by 11 in the 3rd to do it ...

That's what they're saying. Wentz was my starter in Fantasy. Had a fantastic season... Guess I'll have to start my backup, Big Ben.... Also know a little about the guys personal life..... Basically, another Tebow.. Don't seem to see that very often in the NFL. At least it's not known......

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Well I almost froze to death watching the Snow Bowl in Buffalo today. And I was in my living room,.../QUOTE]

I know what ya mean. I've lived in the area since '65 Played in it, still play in it (just not football anymore), but I kept putting another log on the fire as I worked on projects INSIDE the house. These days I'm just a casual fan, so I keep it on on the background - but I had to watch the end of this one. But I'm not drinking the kool-aid (like the Admiral keeps doing). If a Buffalo major sports Team ever won a championship, would it ruin our toughness?