Happy Thanksgiving

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Just sliced up the rest of the bird, did some nibbling along the way. Still waiting for dessert....

dwco5051

Commander
A Thanksgiving classic from the past. I remember watching it when it originally aired and still find it funny today.

southkogs

Staff member
We did - been runnin' all over northern Michigan seeing family (windshield time has been pretty nuts), but got to see the newest nephew (1 month old). Good times!

82rude

Rear Admiral
Friend just told me the stores in soo michigan had birds on for 48 cents lb.Might have to invade the U.S.A and get me a couple.Personally i dont care much for fancy turkey dinners, i love the sandwiches and maybe turkey soup.No ,no maybe, i do love turkey soup!

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
Fun story. Wife and i have been together for 10 years, the first one not married. The first turkey day at the folks i did what my family and my ex family always did. Eat big, nap watching the game. Turns out that was a first. My three brother in laws never ever did that and everyone was shocked that I did. One just does not nap you are supposed to sit and talk politely with daddy. Well when i woke up daddy was sleeping as well. I broke a barrier and he and I napped every year until he passed. The bils think I'm a rockstar. At 51, I'm they youngest.

So this year I'm bringing 'yankee' dressing as my wife calls it. In my upbringing in the PNW we saved bread scraps all year of all kinds then made dressing. This family uses cornbread and while I like it just doesn't feel the same. I've never made my family recipe myself. In recent weeks I have made two practice runs and both were a hit with my testers. Even the wife, grudgingly, admitted she liked it. It has pumpernickel, ciabatta, french, rye, etc. Thyme, sage, oregano, celery, onion and pears. I make and can my own chicken stock as well.

I also got some small metal buckets from wally world and for the sisters and mama am making up a bucket with our picked okra, butt rub, my canned green beans, my jerky and fresh cut sprigs of rosemary from the corner of the yard. I'm gonna win thanksgiving this year.

Last bit of fun, about 8 miles from mammas house is a realllllllly small town called Cowan. There is a for sale, fully equipped restaurant including a brick pizza oven, with 2000 sq ft living space upstairs. Gonna get a showing at 4pm. I think we've lost our mind but could be fun.

sounds awesome.

we look at places now and than in NC where the better half is from. some days I would love to open a restaurant or some small business.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
stock from the turkey carcass I always get sent home with. One of my best batches especially now I bought a thing that is basically a giant coffee filter. Can use on grease too - I strain that and freeze the used, but clean, grease.