Nascar - FOMCO Is Pulling For #2 & #4 - Homestead

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I was actually surprised they had stages in the last race, that race should be a go for broke no holes barred, if they want to do stages, do it during the regular season, then do away with them during the end of the season leading up to the champion ship race.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Do away with stages starting at Daytona. Top tier professional racing shouldn't have such a silly thing. For one thing - The time between stages is too long, even longer than a caution for a wreck and cleanup.

boatman37

Lieutenant
So glad Truex won. Him and the team deserved it. They were by far the class of the field all year and speaking of class, well he oozes it.

I'm thinking you have to deflect blame to drive for JGR (except Kenseth). Hamlin and Busch never accept blame for anything. Sure Hamlin apologized for hitting Elliot but after Elliot got his payback he said in his interview that the fans see now that he wasn't such a bad guy cause Elliot did the same thing in the heat of the battle. No...Elliot only hit him as payback. If Hamlin had not wrecked him I can promise Elliot would not have hit Hamlin. Not sure I have ever seen Elliot wreck anyone, intentional or not. Seen Hamlin do it quite a few times. Edwards wasn't much better. All those issues with Brad were primarily caused by Carl yet he always blamed Brad. Hope they don't get Suarez and Jones to start their antics.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Change the track for the Championship race. They run the 1.5 mile track because those are the tracks where the contenders have the least chance getting involved in an "incident".

sam60

Captain
Stages or not, that was one heck of a run by Truex Jr. this year. I loved seeing him gut it out and hold off what's the punk in those last laps!

sam60

Captain
AND, congrats to Mr. Speck for winning the final race in IFL! :)

aspeck

Staff member
Thanks Sam ... was kicking myself most of the race .... adjusted my lineup figuring the 4 would have more to drive for than the rest ... traded Larson for the punk (some people will do anything for the win) and ended up losing 60 points in the exchange! Ugh!

GA_Boater

It is official - 'speck wins the final race of the years, his 4th win. Congrats, aspeck. slurpee11.png

It's time to crown the iBoats 2017 Champion. Trackchick Stars came on strong late in the season with three wins and pulled ahead to take the crown. Congrats, TCS and the best Monster crown I could find.

green_fire_slurpee_by_boldblade.jpg

aspeck

Staff member
Comgratulations TCS on winning the iboats Monster Cup!

GA_Boater

Forgot to say that TCS is a two time winner, consecutive wins at that. The new Jimmy Johnson?

64osby

Admiral
Congrats to TSC.

A huge THANK YOU to GA / Humpty for starting these threads every week. :joyous:

GA_Boater

Hey guys - It's nothing. Next year will have many new names with a full rookie class.

A list of weekly winners with the races won;
jimmy dale #1

tinknocker #2 #32

TBB2448 #3,#5, #15

JBB Blaze #4

duskybear 3 #6

FlaCowboy #7 #33

mohull2 #8

88 & 24 TO THE TOP! #9

Fisherman 88 #10 #25 #27

FloridaFishingNetwork #11 #23

justkiddin 5 #12 #14 #21 #22 #28

smokin'! #13 #26 #30 #36

tubby taylor #16 #17

Blue Force 3 #18

sportsman3 #19 #20

Integrity 2 #24

96SprintBBB97Johnson #29

Trackchick Stars #31 #34 #35
justkiddin 5 won 5 races, smokin'! took 4 and as usual, my name is missing. :blue: