Nascar - FOMCO Is Pulling For #2 & #4 - Homestead

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
75 to go and Keso is slowly dropping. Harvick has some minor damage above the right side of the splitter. Twerp is leading, but Larson is closing with Truex right behind.

GA_Boater

#2, #4 and #78 do green flag stops. The Twerp stay out. 65 laps to go.

GA_Boater

52 laps to go and 6 on the lead lap. Twerp finally pits so 13 in the same lap and Truex to the front.

GA_Boater

Caution for Busch41 which helps his brother because of the late pit stop. Or will it?

GA_Boater

20 left - Truex in front, then Harvick and a charging Twerp.

GA_Boater

10 to go and Twerp 1/2 a second back. Come on, Martin!

Leardriver

Petty Officer 1st Class
Whew! That was close. Two very fast cars giving Martin all he could handle until the checkered flag.
​Great story and season for Furniture Row. I didn't go because our owner is recovering from his bypass.

GA_Boater

Martin Truex wins the race and the championship. He is the best driver of 2017.

Wonder what the Twerp is going to say about Larson rubbing his back bumper with about 3 laps left?

Smokin'! is the iFL leader pending final results. TCS is the Overall Leader - I think.

Forum is acting up and this post was saved when the race ended.

What did The Twerp say about Larson? I know he said something. :smile:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
He was whining about Joey and Larson racing him so hard as normal, I thought Larson was classy about it when he saw what his getting behind Bush was doing to him and he backed off and Joey back out a bit so he could let Martin and Kyle to race for the cup.

Bush screwed up and let it get to him and that is why he didn't win, pretty plain and simple.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Glad Shrubby didn't win.... How were the ratings??? Were the stands packed, or not so much?

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Glad Shrubby didn't win.... How were the ratings??? Were the stands packed, or not so much?

They really didn't show much of the stands, but from what I did see, it was pretty full, lot of people there hollering for Martin and a lot of people cheering when he won, other than the last 30 laps the race was actually pretty boring as normal when it is for all the marbles, I am glad Martin won, he has worked hard for it, but I actually enjoyed the Xman race more on Saturday, I was glad Byron won, that kid is an amazing driver for only being the age he is and what he has already accomplished.

GA_Boater

Junior had a nice post-race talk with one of the NBC crew and he kept trying to steer it back to Truex, saying was his day. Jr. did say the Rick Hendrick told him if he didn't mess up the car, that it was his going away gift. Jr. said only a small scuff, so it will be his. I think the scuff came from Dale doing a congrats rub to Martin on the cool down. :D

Poor Twerpy, it's never his fault. :violin:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Well, if there was any doubt NASCAR is in trouble, not that we didn't already know......... Only thing that matters is Logano finished 6th!!! :)

NBC Sees Lowest Rating For NASCAR Cup Finale Since '13, Down 16% From Last Year

Published November 20, 2017

NBC yesterday afternoon drew a 2.7 overnight rating for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series finale from Homestead-Miami Speedway, which saw Martin Truex Jr. take home his first Cup title. The race also was the Cup Series finale for Dale Earnhardt Jr. The 2.7 is the lowest figure for a Cup...

GA_Boater

2016 was 3.3, 2015 had a 4.4 rating and on ESPN in 2014, a 3.14 rating which is understandable because not all homes get ESPN.

The Chase and Playoff junk make a mockery of a championship. Granted that Truex would have won under the traditional method, it's an exception. Almost a third of the season to go after eliminating all but 16 drivers is insane.

Monster has a lot of faith in Nascar - The deal is only for 2 years, with a possible 2 year extension. At the driver meeting before the race, a Monster exec was asked questions and he scooted out of the room, not making for warm fuzzies. Wonder if France is looking for a new sponsor to take Monster's place after next year?