NFL - Week 11

aspeck

Staff member
No Title

My wife got me (or were they for her ... hmmmm) a belated birthday gift ... seats to the Thursday night game. Nice seats and a fun game. Only problem was getting home at 3AM this morning ... wanted to stay the night in the Burgh, but had to be in the office for a couple of appointments at 9:00AM. Dragging a bit today and the high school team plays for the District 6 AAA Championship tonight (daughter is in the band). Looks like it might be another night of football! Who needs sleep?

Attachments

• photo281038.jpg
    photo281038.jpg
    353.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo281039.jpg
    photo281039.jpg
    275.5 KB · Views: 0

aspeck

Staff member
Well, it's official, Zeke is out for another 5 weeks. He dropped his appeal. I suppose if that appeal would have failed, he may have missed the playoffs. At any rate, it's about time....

Tyrod Talylor, Buf, has been benched and Nathan Peterman will be at the helm.....

Jones accused of conduct detrimental to the NFL by some owners. He's not receiving all the love he hoped in the renewal of Goodell's contract. Rumor has it that some owners have called for Jone's removal from the NFL. NE owner Robert Kraft is one of six owners on a committee addressing Goodell's contract.. Story at 6pm..... :)

Papa Johns apologized for blaming poor sales on NFL player protests..... Go figure, Jerry Jones owns multiple stores....

Injuries:
Drew Stanton, backup QB AZ, is doubtful to start is weekend. 3rd stringer Blaine Gabbert is expected to start..
Devonta Freeman, RB ATL, concussion is doubtful...
Aaron Jones, RB GB, is out with an MCL
Matt Forte, RB NYJ, knee questionable
Eddie Lacy, RB SEA, groin injury is questionable

Check out more injuries for your favorite team:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/injuries

This is the FINAL bye week........

Tonite:
Tenn at Pitt
Heinz Field
NBC

7:25 EST
39deg cloudy

IBOATS PICK EM'
Lost in Georgia continues to lead the pack, followed by
bassman
PSU Homer

Top Scorer Week 10:
PSU Homer 12

Good Luck Everyone!!!

Seriously, Musky, you post this an hour and a half before the game and then forget to get your picks in?:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: But then, we were heading to Pittsburgh early for supper before the game. Left 15 minutes later than we wanted, no big deal, plenty of time. We get an hour away from home (2 1/2 hour drive to the stadium) and we remember the tickets were on the dining room table ... ate supper at Heinz Field (Primanti Bros.). Had time to enjoy the pregame festivities and eat before kickoff. Just made it a 4 1/2 hour drive to get there ...:eek:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Sleep is overrated, 'speck. You can catch up at halftime tonight. :D

Miss that guy;

pol43.PNG

A Terrible Towel?

terrible.PNG

aspeck

Staff member
Miss Troy also ... lots of Terrible Towels in attendance!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TN8QQ9XzmYw" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Keep in mind, this video was at the end of Renegade when most of the Terrible Towels had been retired to the person's side. A sea of waving yellow against the black Steelers jerseys adorned by the majority of the crowd.

Last edited:

aspeck

Staff member
Step-son was there last night too. He usually goes to 4 or 5 a year

All I know is I have been to 3 over the last 5 years. All three were wins. Steelers are 3-0 when I am in attendance. Maybe they should think about giving me a private box and paying me to attend their games? Just a thought ...;):D

GA_Boater

All I know is I have been to 3 over the last 5 years. All three were wins. Steelers are 3-0 when I am in attendance. Maybe they should think about giving me a private box and paying me to attend their games? Just a thought ...;):D

How cold and windy was Heinz Field last night? The Admiral told me it would be a ground game and don't expect much out of Big Ben. Of course I listened to SWMBO :wink: and she didn't use Ben in her fantasy league. We both went with the Steelers anyway.

I'll talk to the Rooney's about the private box. :rolleyes:

aspeck

Staff member
There was some wind, but not much and it was about 39 degrees at the start of the game and 36 at the end. I went through heavy snow at Cresson on the way home. Never zipped up the jacket during the game ... quite comfy actually.

GA_Boater

There was some wind, but not much and it was about 39 degrees at the start of the game and 36 at the end. I went through heavy snow at Cresson on the way home. Never zipped up the jacket during the game ... quite comfy actually.

I'll tell her not to rely on sportscasters as weather forecasters . LOL

I think it always snows on Cresson Mt.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Seriously, Musky, you post this an hour and a half before the game and then forget to get your picks in?:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: But then, we were heading to Pittsburgh early for supper before the game. Left 15 minutes later than we wanted, no big deal, plenty of time. We get an hour away from home (2 1/2 hour drive to the stadium) and we remember the tickets were on the dining room table ... ate supper at Heinz Field (Primanti Bros.). Had time to enjoy the pregame festivities and eat before kickoff. Just made it a 4 1/2 hour drive to get there ...:eek:

Yeah. I was going to check to make sure I made my picks even tho I thought I did and forgot after posting my book....... Glad u made the game! Best game the Steelers had in a long time.....

Miss Troy also .

I'm touched..... Bring it in....:cheerful:

angus63

Captain
Been off the grid since Fri hunting. The only thing I am coming home with this year is the surprise of the Giants winning over Chiefs! Wrote this game off before I left...