neat key float

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
A couple of weeks ago I was given this little gem from a friend who was at a dealer tradeshow in Lost Wages(Las Vegas)
DSC_0230.JPG

alldodge

Staff member
I like it, mine is a foam star

Just searched on iboats and didn't find it

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Mine is a foam fish from a boat show. I kinda, sorta work here and don't have a hippo float. :blue:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
i never take my key out on the little boat so no worries on dropping, and the Carver has a push button. But still I think on ordered over $xx bucks we should get one.

aspeck

Staff member
Hmmmm, never saw one of those before ... the mods are always the last to know/see! LOL!

82rude

Rear Admiral
Never take my key out .But that is a neet float though.Side note, that is one of the most dangerous animals in Africa responsible for many deaths.Even big crocs avoid tangling with them.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I still don't understand the whole hippo/feral hog logo thing though...

aspeck

Staff member
I still don't understand the whole hippo/feral hog logo thing though...

You are not alone, but from a marketing perspective, if it gets you talking about the logo, then you remember the logo. That is a win for the company. So, sometimes they don't have to make sense to be effective. Does a Tiger make sense for corn flakes? But you thought of Tony the Tiger, didn't you?

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
aspeck

You see there...thats why I am not a marketing genius, or any kind of genius. May hap I should have them make a logo for my boat shop. I can twist a bolt and lay a decent bead of Aluminum. All these smart people make me feel so not smart...

So, how does one get the free i-boats swag? Maybe they will make a raffle for those of us who so dutifully answer questions for folks that they hope to sell the parts to?

Wouldn't need to be much...a sticker for the old tool box...a poster to hang on the wall of the shop...if'n they don't give the stuff to the mods then maybe to the folks with exactly 2482 posts...edit 2483...2484

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
First time I saw I called it a PO'ed wart hog. My opinion hasn't changed but it does cause conversation. Maybe it will turn into the same type of symbol as the Bud clydesdales?

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
First time I saw I called it a PO'ed wart hog. My opinion hasn't changed but it does cause conversation. Maybe it will turn into the same type of symbol as the Bud clydesdales?

Yea but....the Clydesdale makes some sense...glorified horse pee and all