Winning a car is a pain in the Arse.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
I really think you are over thinking this. the value is there, but you can't expect everyone to realize it.
transportation? there are very reputable co's out there use one.

hopefully your transport works out. if it does, bring the car home and put it in your garage, enjoy it a bit than decide if you want to sell or whatever.

As far as worrying about people knowing it's there, don't tell them what it is. I have a friend with a 2017 and a 2002 vette in his garage right now, he's never had a single issue with people snooping around.

as far as taxes well Uncle Sam gots to get his you know.

I know you're just venting but slow down and try to enjoy your good fortune, it is good fortune, enjoy the moment. If all it is is a pay day to you well than it will just seem like work.

good luck which ever way you decide to go

sam60

Captain
They withheld the Federal tax. We don't have state income tax. I worry too much.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I knew a guy that owned one of those indy pace car corvettes...he wished he had sold it when he had the chance.

I watch plenty of auctions and those cars don't bring big money, at least not anymore.....

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I watch plenty of auctions and those cars don't bring big money, at least not anymore.....

Most of the pace cars have never done very well, the companies made to darn many of them for them to actually have any real collectors value, I use to see them running around and they were pretty much a dime a dozen back in the day.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
They withheld the Federal tax. We don't have state income tax. I worry too much.
glad it worked out well, sit back breathe deep, go out and look at her when she gets there....

think to yourself that bad B$%%h is mine!!

go for a ride. even if you're gonna sell it or whatever, go out and drive it a bit, enjoy life.

we get one go round, enjoy every bit of it you can.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander

yeah "pace car" editions have always been a joke. they are "collectible" for idiots who don't know anything about cars.
they have a sticker package and paint, maybe an extra sway bar etc. nothing special about them, plus they are mass produced

WIMUSKY

Staff member
yeah "pace car" editions have always been a joke. they are "collectible" for idiots who don't know anything about cars.
they have a sticker package and paint, maybe an extra sway bar etc. nothing special about them, plus they are mass produced

About the only ones that may be worth a little were the cars that were actually used on the track as "the" pace car....... Not the mass produced stickered up ones for the public.....