Winning a car is a pain in the Arse.

sam60

Captain
I hope I never win another thing, I was happy to win a cool under deck 8 track in the late 70's. Car win is a pain is the arse.

sam60

Captain
Waiting for the transport company to pick it up. Advertising a teaser on a Corvette forum and told it isn't worth much...I might just keep it Scott.

sam60

Captain
A car with less than 300 miles that had a sticker of over $93K & I'm being told it's only worth $60-65. Wrong crowd I guess.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Use a Nascar forum, not a Vette forum.

I still think a major auction co. is the thing to use and they will give an more honest estimate of value. It won't cost to ask and 8% of the hammer price.

sam60

Captain
If I can't get 85K out of it I'll own the baddest car on the block that I can't afford. I'll need to pull retirement funds for registration and insurance. That means taxation. I'm trying to shoot for a 59-1/2 retirement.

sam60

Captain
Use a Nascar forum, not a Vette forum.

I still think a major auction co. is the thing to use and they will give an more honest estimate of value. It won't cost to ask and 8% of the hammer price.

GA_ I would need to have reserve. Isn't that 10% More?

sam60

Captain
Scott Danforth this has actually been a pain & I only have the title at this point. I paid extra for a covered transport company that was supposed to pick it up next week, now there are iffy.

sam60

Captain
The wife & I got the garage real clean with the anticipation that we will have to store it elsewhere.I'm going to spend the weekend on the coach watching college football and racing.The coolest thing is that I got accepted into a Neoropathy Program. This dude is in some serious pain.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Barrett-Jackson reserve auctions are for cars worth $150K or more and the sellers premium is 12%, up from 8% for a 4% uplift. Other auctions work the same way. https://www.carbuyingtips.com/articles/blog/guide-to-the-barrett-jackson-auctions.htm

It's better to talk with them or Mecum or RM. Talk is free. You may make more in a private sale, but how long will it take? Any extra cash over taxes/auction fees is pure gravy and until a couple of weeks ago you only had an empty gravy boat.

You can probably get property insurance as long as the car isn't on the road. You really don't want to drive it anyway.

comstox

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The wife & I got the garage real clean with the anticipation that we will have to store it elsewhere.I'm going to spend the weekend on the coach...
Is 'the coach" a pet name for your wife??? :lol: :joyous: :laugh: You go bro! Hey, when the weekend is over you'll have to tell us more about your weekend on the "coach." ;)

Last edited:

tpenfield

Staff member
Basically, it sounds like it will cost you $8-10K to 'win' something that is worth $85K . . . yea, not good. :rolleyes: :facepalm:

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
Store it in your garage until you decide what to do. "Sleep on it" as they say.
If you don't have to pay taxes unless you register it, then you have time to decide what to do.
We want to see pictures of that bad a** beast when you get it.
What year is it?
More details....options, colors, etc.

tpenfield

Staff member
Store it in your garage until you decide what to do. "Sleep on it" as they say.
If you don't have to pay taxes unless you register it, then you have time to decide what to do.
We want to see pictures of that bad a** beast when you get it.
What year is it?
More details....options, colors, etc.

Best to check your state regulations on the sales tax, etc. I know in MA they give you a 'penalty shot' if you do not pay your sales tax within 30 days of the transaction even though you may not register it right away.

sam60

Captain
I 'the coach" a pet name for your wife??? :lol: :joyous: :laugh: You go bro! Hey, when the weekend is over you'll have to tell us more about your weekend on the "coach." ;)

Actually, I could put a lawn chair on the roof of the diesel pusher. Peace out.

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
Thanks for the PM pictures Sam! The autographed dash...NICE! All I can say is WOW!