Well as normal, Murphy has hit again! Grrrr

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I thought I was doing good, getting everything set up and ready for the upcoming winter, actually got the heat tapes on the roof, finished up the new plow on the truck, got the oil changed in both vehicles, etc. Really thought I was doing good.

So yesterday it started to snow and we ended up with about 6 inches of snow, had to plow, it did okay, pushing snow with a 3500 pound truck instead of an 8400 pound truck is a bit different. So I am checking things out and notice one of the heat tapes is not working, brand new tape that is bad! And wouldn't you know it, it is really on the side of the house that has given me the most problems over the year with soffet leaks!

So now have over a foot of snow sitting on a dead heat tape and I can't get to it until the snow melts again!

Can't win for loosing sometimes....

:frusty:

alldodge

Staff member
So now have over a foot of snow sitting on a dead heat tape and I can't get to it until the snow melts again!

Bummer, just throwing stuff out there, what about propane heater tip on a tank and melt it away easy until you can get to it. If you lay another tape on top the snow will it melt in? (have :noidea: just spit balling)

dwco5051

Commander
Sorta like the way things go for me and I don't remember ever shooting an albatross.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
I hate that Murphy guy

maybe you will get lucky and have a warm day or two to melt it off. we usually go up and down in temps this time of year

robert graham

Admiral
We're from sunny South Carolina and just wondering, "what the heck is a heat tape?".....,.like a heating pad for your roof?

aspeck

Staff member
When I read the title I thought I was going to read that you got the plow truck stuck again. It is certainly different plowing with a lighter vehicle! As for the heat tape, Are you sure it is the tape or is it the electrical feed to the tape? Can you get a test light to it? Just grasping at straws. If SBN were around you know what his solution would be ... BOMB IT!

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Take solace in knowing that "Murphy was an optimist " hehe. Ha ha...

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
We're from sunny South Carolina and just wondering, "what the heck is a heat tape?".....,.like a heating pad for your roof?

Heat tape is what we northern fools use to put a failing electrical cord with high resistance on our flammable roofs in hopes that it melts only snow and ice to prevent ice jams and leaks....sometimes it works...sometimes it doesnt...seldom does it actually burn the house downnnn.....

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
When I read the title I thought I was going to read that you got the plow truck stuck again. It is certainly different plowing with a lighter vehicle! As for the heat tape, Are you sure it is the tape or is it the electrical feed to the tape? Can you get a test light to it? Just grasping at straws. If SBN were around you know what his solution would be ... BOMB IT!

Nope, no problem with getting stuck, but have to do things a bit slower and with a little less gusto! Than I did with the big truck!