Oh yeah................I quit smoking!!!!

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I don't mind the smell of one burning but when she comes bqck inside thats not a good smell. Odd.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
quit 14 years ago. I did the whole go out with my buddies when they would go smoke for a while, than after a while just didn't bother going out anymore as I didn't enjoy the smell.

Musky you have a very valid point and one I thought of once my smell came back a little.
Holy crap that was what I smelled like to people who didn't smoke? it was an eye opener.

I grew up in a house with a smoker and than started smoking myself in my teens so I had never not smelled smoke.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
BTW Ezbtr congrats on quitting. 6 mo's will be a test than 1 yr. After that, it starts to get easier no you cannot have just one, it will become just one a day than just two than....you know where that goes.

chew gum or hard candy.

alldodge

Staff member
Oh one other good/bad thing about not smoking. With everything tasting better, you can pick up some weight. Had a 30 inch waist until I stopped, now trying to keep it at 34 :)

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
i'm only up a couple pounds, but i started on the fat side. 5' 11" and 215, now 220

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
You can do it!

It will be a year for me on the 15th or so, from two packs of roll your own unfiltered...The only things that suck are being able to smell and taste again...I really didn't think the admirals cooking could get worse until I could taste it...

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
You can do it!

It will be a year for me on the 15th or so, from two packs of roll your own unfiltered...The only things that suck are being able to smell and taste again...I really didn't think the admirals cooking could get worse until I could taste it...

dead man walking..................as soon as she reads that. LOL

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
nice knowin' ya dude....

side note - it is National men cooking day.

I cook 99.8% of the time.

I guess I'll cook tonight...

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
In all fairness, she was present when I typed that. I do most of the cooking, she is in charge of burning water and getting the butter back into usable form after she "softens " it. Lol

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
In all fairness, she was present when I typed that. I do most of the cooking, she is in charge of burning water and getting the butter back into usable form after she "softens " it. Lol

you know on her forums she is writing the only tool you are capable of using is a spatula and she has to fix the truck to pull her boat. LOL

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Enough of the derail...sorry.

Good luck on your non smoking endeavor!!

ezbtr

Commander
25 days, not one puff. yup smell came back(was decent before), no coughing at all in a.m., can smell one a mile away and on folks when they just had one, so far so good, no crazy cravings, they do pass :)

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
not bad EZ. first month is the hardest. all down hill after that

Old Ironmaker

Captain
I'm great at quitting, I quit all the time. I quit for 9 months then start again. All that pain then I start. What an idiot. I didn't start until I was 37 freeking years old. Did I mention I am an idiot. A pack of 25 "smokes" here is $15.00. I am close to the reservation and pay 20 a carton. We are relocating soon, if there isn't a Rez close by we will either quit of not eat. Imagine 1.5 packs a day, between us at retail price? Say 25 bucks a day, around $775.00 a month we could buy a nice vacation home south or a big cruiser. Idiot.

I hope you are still on the program. Keep it up.

jbuote

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Old Ironmaker I hear you! No rez around me, so I ended up going to "Roll Your Own"...
Brings price per pack down to about $1.80.. Saving some serious coin there, and can afford some nice boat goodies!

Now if I could only quit again, but for good like ezbtr ....
That would be best, and I'm sure I'd feel a whole lot better too and have the time to spend on the boat!! :D

My hats off to you ezbtr!! I've quit quitting several times.. I hope to one day be where you are!!
Nice Job!

Keep it up, you can do this.. You're already way past the hard part!!
Awesome!! :hail:

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
will be 6 months the 18th!! NADA!

That's awesome! I found that, the further away I got from smoking, the more I needed to remind myself of the reasons I quit. More than once, I started up again because I forgot how lousy I felt when I smoked or how awful my mouth tasted in the morning when I woke up. Reminding myself of those helped me keep from trying "just one cigarette" for old time's sake.

Congrats on closing in 6 months!