NFL - Week 3

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Filling in for Musky and it's time to think about Week 3 games.

TNF features the home again 1-1 LA Rams away at the 0-2 49'ers. I think the Niner's end up 0-3, but don't bet the farm!

Baltimore Ravens and London Jaguars play in Wembley Stadium on Sunday for the first of 4 games in Merry Olde England this season. They're playing at 9:30 AM on Yahoo. I don't even get the NFL Network, let alone getting up to stream football on Yahoo. Don't wait too long to pick this early game.

Last week Homer and Angus logged 12 wins each, with Homer holding a 4 win overall lead.

RGrew176

Commander
This Sunday we here in the Detroit area will find out just how good our Lions are as they will play the Falcons here at home. They beat the Cardinals and Giants so far both games they were predicted to lose.

aspeck

Staff member
And my Steelers play my (hate to admit that these last few years) Bears. Unless the Steelers fall asleep, this one should be a yawner ...

aspeck

Staff member
It is a Tella Tubby game tonight! Those bright yellow units of the Rams are awful!

aspeck

Staff member
49ers almost pulled it out ... the Robby Gould missed extra point came back to haunt them ..,

angus63

Captain
I think the Giants light up Philly this week... Or they get obliterated. It's like rootin' for Sybil :bounce::crazy::bowl::semi-twins:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
49ers almost pulled it out ... the Robby Gould missed extra point came back to haunt them ..,

So a couple of us "almost" had an upset.... S'mores tasted good last nite.... :)

aspeck

Staff member
I had the 9ers picked because of their home field status, but changed the pick at the last minute ... was sweating out the change ... the non-existent pass interference call on the closing drive after the successful insides kick helped seal the 9er loss.

GA_Boater

Did Baltimore miss the plane to England or fly to the wrong London - Like Canada, Ohio or Kentucky? 15 total yards in the 1st half. :doh:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I think the Jags defense had something to prove after some were saying that they quit in the second half of last weeks game .
Where was this offense last week ? At there real home field ...:noidea:
Didn't care much for the anthem kneeling thing but I guess it's way things are nowadays .. Kinda boring game for the London fans but as a Jaguars homer I'll take it any way I can get it ! :nod:

GA_Boater

Only one of us picked the Jags. Wonder who that may be? :lol:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Every now and then it pays to be a homer ... Just not very often ...:rolleyes:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I should have been a homer even tho Bradford is still out........

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Steelers, Titans and Seahawks, that's pathetic. Slap in the face to every American. Extremely disrespectful... Same no matter who the team is... Alejandro Villanueva, good for him. Find a different way to protest.....

GA_Boater

@realDonaldTrump

Peaceful protests are a hallmark of our democracy. Even if I don't always agree, I recognize the rights of people to express their views.

6:23 AM - 22 Jan 2017

WIMUSKY

Staff member
When I attend sporting events, my local dirt track and all the HS ball games I go to, the announcer always asks everyone to stand(if they are able), gentlemen remove their hats(some say, "place your hand over your heart") for the playing of the national anthem. It amazes me announcers should have to mention anything about how to act to honor our country.... No matter what beef a person has, they should honor this country properly as this is the greatest country in the world...