Indy

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
going to Indy for the weekend, not sure what part of town but other than the Irish Fest this week anything fun? We have a local hostess and another couple but always up for suggestions that may work into existing plans.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
well the international market was awesome. I've got sh.t I'm not sure what to do with but gonna have fun learning. The Asian noodle section took $50 from my wallet.

southkogs

Staff member
Aw man! Sorry I missed this - If you've never been to the Motor Speedway Museum, it's well worth a visit.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
not a race fan in any sense, however we have a shop about a mile from Talledega and I have taken the tour. Pretty cool. Did you know it was a WW2 airbase? You can still get a sense of where the airstrips were.

southkogs

Staff member
Didn't know that about 'Dega at all. That's cool - according to the WWW, it was a basic training base that eventually converted over for heavies (B-29). Anniston AFB, closed in '52.

Indy was a pretty cool museum. I'm not a big NASCAR fan, but I do like some racing and Indy has bunches. The tour of the track was pretty nifty too.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
yeah we were supposed to get out on the track itself but ESPN was there filming a promo and had a couple cars doing a pretty good clip. Didn't think wise to step out there...