I almost made it but in the end I didn't and I am not ashamed.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
My little girl got married Saturday afternoon to a fine gentleman. It was a beautiful day and the facilities were wonderful we all had a wonderful time. I made it thru walking her down the isle, I made it thru the father daughter speech and halfway thru the father daughter dance before I cried. I challenge any man with a little girl to make it thru that without getting emotional.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Congratulations. I'm sure I will be a mess when my daughter heads down the isle. She graduated college this past May so I'm sure I won't have long to wait.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
My son has started his senior year in college on target to graduate in 4 years next May. Seems like the end of a expensive era.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
My daughter started her senior year too...

I would probably make it down the isle, but that would be it.... Then again, "maybe" I'd make it down the isle...

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
I remember when ours did the plunge. (Hottest day of the year; garden wedding[ no wind). We were happy for them; everything went off good. Tears came after we got home; the house was too quiet; missed the hug and kiss goodnight. That was 25+ years ago.

RGrew176

Commander
I got through my daddy/daughter dance by talking to her throughout the dance. She picked I Loved Her First. I cried the day she picked and played that song. I knew if I listened to the words again I would lose it so I talked and danced. I still tear up when I hear that song.

four winns 214

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I looked straight ahead on my way down the aisle.

The wedding was outside the lodge at Paris Landing State Park on Kentucky Lake. The send off to the reception after the ceremony was via boat parked at the nearby courtesy dock.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Sounds like we're all a bunch of softies, which is ok in my book.....

DeepCMark58A

Commander
The song was paul simon father daughter song I sent her that song in a youtube link after I dropped her off at college she remembered it it 5 years later, yeah.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Same boat here ..I was ok until the actual ceremony ...Not sure if it was losing a daughter or gaining a knucklehead that triggered it ..lol!
She could have married a far worse knucklehead though .

WIMUSKY

Staff member
As far as I'm concerned, no guy is good enough for my baby girl...... I believe she thinks otherwise....:laugh:

Baylinerchuck

Commander
They sure grow up quick....I'm not relishing the day I walk my daughter down the aisle. She's 14.....but it seems like yesterday she was 8. Time flies.

DeepCMark58A

Commander
As far as I'm concerned, no guy is good enough for my baby girl...... I believe she thinks otherwise....:laugh:

I am very fortunate My daughter married a good man, a good man with his own farm. I was always afraid my daughter would marry some dude from the city and I would be running grandpa's pony ranch in my old age, not the case now and that is good.

bigdee

Commander
Just wait until she gives birth to that grand child and you hold it for the first time!!