NFL - Week 1

WIMUSKY

Staff member
1st, thoughts and prayers to all the people that are in the path of Irma... Stay safe out there..........

J.J. Watt's fundraising campaign to aid Hurricane Harvey relief efforts surpassed $20 million in donations Tuesday. An all around good guy.....

Where did summer go? At least fall brings football season! It's that time again, fellas....

Mn is going to the Super Bowl! At least their stadium.....lol

TB/MIAs opener has been cancelled due to Irma. Game will be played on their bye week, Week 11.

Zeke's(Cowboy) appeal was denied. His 6 game suspension stands. Although, he will be allowed to play in week 1 due to the timing of the appeal and rejection.... Don't ask me.......

Tyrod Taylor is out of concussion protocol and is expected to start Sunday against the Jets in the season opener.

Andrew Luck won't play in the Colts' season opener Sunday and is likely miss multiple weeks. He was recently taken off the PUP list...

Kicking off the season Thu nite will be KC at NE. Edelman(NE) is on IR and out for the season. That will hurt NE, but, they will still be the one to beat this year....

No, I haven't made my pics yet either..... :)

Let's have a great season!!!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Not only is JJ Watt collecting the money, he's filling warehouses with supplies and personally doing distribution. He has a lot of help, but he is staying in the middle it. Definitely a good guy!

I don't understand the Elliott deal either. Nobody does!

Tampa Bay and Miami will be playing 16 games straight. Every other team has a bye week.

Good luck everyone.

ThomW

Chief Petty Officer
Basically because they knew Elliot filed for an emergency stay of his suspension, pending his law suit and appeal, they decided to let him play week one until his stay request can be heard next week. My guess is he will play all 16 games this year and deal with any suspension in 2018....

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
And I thought moving our opener to J-ville was a good move ..:rolleyes:
Not that it would make a difference .. Good luck everyone !!!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I see they still haven;t found the person who's still Lost in Georgia. Bet they're not trying very hard, I know I wouldn't........:laugh:

Make sure your picks are in, kickoff tonite.....

GA_Boater

He's got flickerin' lights and Irma is still a long way off.

But - He's ready for some football!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
KC is Giving NE a run. Big 75yd pass for a td.....

GA_Boater

KC takes their first lead of the night. 28-27 with 14 left in the 4th.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
The wife has 61 fantasy points in this game, so far. Yup, I'm playing her....

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Exactly! I have no skin in this game..... Still gonna need a big comeback....

GA_Boater

How points did the wife end up with, Musky? Smith and Hunt on her roster?

tpenfield

Staff member
Looks like NE has gotten that 19-0 monkey off their back. KC looked sharp . . . NE was fat & happy :sleep:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
How points did the wife end up with, Musky? Smith and Hunt on her roster?

Hunt, Cooks and Brady.... 49 points for Hunt. That's unheard of for any player... What an NFL debut... She has 77.5, 4 of 9 players.... Talk about having to dig out of a hole. Bring on week 2!

GA_Boater

Hunt, Cooks and Brady.... 49 points for Hunt. That's unheard of for any player... What an NFL debut... She has 77.5, 4 of 9 players.... Talk about having to dig out of a hole. Bring on week 2!

Your bride has your number - 77.5! LOL

And Hunt's first Pro touch was a fumble. He more than made up, what a recovery!