College Football.....

sam60

Captain
I saw the OSU /NEB score and really felt bad for you sam60 ... At least you can drown your sorrows in a bad a_ _ vette !! ;)
I'm drowning my sorrows on my lawn mower today ... :facepalm: :lol:

No worries Sam, I expected a big loss. Thanks for the thought!

aspeck

Staff member
Penn State remained Undefeated! It helps when you don't play! Next week against Michigan and O'Korn. College Game Day in Happy Valley. Should be an interesting day. Lots of upsets this week. Will be interesting to see the polls. I hope Georgia is #2 and PSU stays #3. I would even be happy if they dropped to #4. Only the last one really matters and hate having a bullseye on your back!

aspeck

Staff member
Coaches Poll has PSU #2. At this point in the season, that is over rated. If after the next 3 weeks (Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan State) they are still undefeated, hen they deserve the #2 and possibly the #1.

sam60

Captain
Pulling for PSU. Go Nittany Lions! Huskers have no chance of even winning a game.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
So what's the PSU score? Just started watching. Score and time left is on the lower right corner and we can only see the edge. I've noticed it lately on the 3 major networks. What the heck?

Just got back from UMD. Took my daughter and a roomie out for a movie and then dinner....

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
And that's the final, Penn St. 42, Michigan 13.

Next Saturday PSU travels to OSU.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Cool!. That will be a huge test for PSU.... Go Nittany Lions!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I'm officially a senior citizen. The restaurant had a 55 and over menu...Lol

sam60

Captain
Washington State has become my 2nd favorite college football team. They are fun to watch and Leach is fun to listen to.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Fla /Ga week !! Let the festivities begin !!!! I know all the dog fans think they have this one in the bag !
Strange things happen in this game though ! Ya never know !
The dogs are a way better team so hoping for a miracle ...:pray2:

sam60

Captain
If Nebraska loses to Purdue this weekend, I think Mike Riley may be out by year end.

aspeck

Staff member
I was afraid my wife and I were going to get kicked out of the resort in St Kitts! SHE was screaming like a high school cheerleader most of the game ... We are ...

And now that we have enjoyed that win over Michigan, it is on to Ohio State ... To beat them in Columbus would be huge. Can they? I think that CAN. But will they? I guess we will find out on Saturday from 3:30 - 7PM Eastern Time ...

GA_Boater

Dear Homeless In St. Kitts;

A PSU victory in Columbus insures you and the bride will not be accepted as guests in the future.

Respectfully yours,

St. Kitts Resorts Mgt.

PS - Go Nittany Lions!

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Go buckeyes!!! , I don't think we stand a chance, but GO BUCKS!

Penn got shafted last year so they might have a little more revenge in their hearts than the bucks with that stupid blocked kick that should not have been tried.

Every one says what a great coach urban is but then he let's these bone headed play calls get made with no reason...

aspeck

Staff member
Every one says what a great coach urban is but then he let's these bone headed play calls get made with no reason...

That is because he is not in a position to make "game on the line" calls that often and he chocks when he has to make them. When you coach a team well enough to be up by 4 TD's in the 4th quarter, spur of the moment calls to save or win a game are not common.

As for your assessment of the PSU v OSU game, I hope you are correct. I am worried ... even more than I was worried with the Michigan game. My hope is much different than yours, jake. I hope PSU can jump out to an early lead and keep it ... but I am expecting a defensive battle. If the PSU De can rattle JT and keep him from getting outside, PSU has a chance. But if JT runs wild, PSU is in trouble.

GA_Boater

Good start by Penn St. Barkley opens up with 97 yd. kickoff return. 7-0 PSU!