Nascar - Oh No - Oil Thread 400 from Kentucky

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
3 laps to go and Busch41 blows his motor. Stupid overtime coming up.

Everyone on the lead lap pits except Truex. Only 8 cars on the lead lap.

GA_Boater

After crossing the OT line, several cars get together. Truex wins all 3 heats tonight and shot away on the OT restart.

I saw NBC is calling them heats in the graphics.

Blue Force 3 has a slim early iFL lead over Fisherman 88. Final numbers on Tuesday.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well seems like Keso was not a happy camper this evening, so much so, that he walked back his comments later on twitter, hmmmmmm

GA_Boater

Joey keeps that up and ya'll be Joey fans b/4 seasons end....:D:car:

Keep bumping The Twerp! Go Joey!
biggrin.gif

GA_Boater

It's official - Blue Force 3 held off Fisherman 88 by 1.5 points. We've been having some close finishes. Congrats Blue. slurpee11.png

Coming up - Cup and X'ers at New Hampshire. No Trucks this weekend, but on the 11th they play in the dirt at Eldora.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well JGR announced today that Jones, gets the nod for the 20 car next year, leaving Matt without a ride, but it also opens up some possibilities for Matt, who goes into the 77 and again, who goes into the 88? That is two top level teams with no driver so far for next year, it will be interesting. In addition Kelso is also having trouble negotiating a new contract with Penske, next year, may look a whole bunch different than this year!

:cold:

boatman37

Lieutenant
I look for Matt to go in the 77. Just my gut. There is the possibility that since none of the Hendrick young guns are ready for Cup yet maybe Matt will drive the 88 for a year or two then move up Byron but I still like Matt in the 77 next year.

Jr. has an eye for picking drivers and he said a month or so ago that Chris Buescher was very talented and underrated. Not sure when his contract is up but might see somebody scoop him up for an upper-middle tier team? Penske 3rd car? Roush 3rd car?

GA_Boater

#5 may need a new butt in the seat too. Kahne was always the one talked about losing his Hendrick ride until Junior announced retirement.

Roush and Penske will not be adding teams. There are no good sponsors left willing to pay for a top shelf team.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Not sure where Kahne is on the points chart, but, a person sure doesn't hear much about him lately....

GA_Boater

Not sure where Kahne is on the points chart, but, a person sure doesn't hear much about him lately....

22nd 381 points behind 1st and no stage wins or playoff points. Don't know when his contract is up.