Nascar - Four Left Turns Just Like Indy

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Truex wins Heat #1 followed by The Dinger, Laron, Blamey and Hamlin.

GA_Boater

The Twerp came in before pit road closed and was caught speeding. Pass through penalty for him and he's next to last on the restart.

GA_Boater

Restart on lap 30. 5 laps and 10 minutes for the heat break out of 25. Ridiculous!

GA_Boater

Day spins and Stenhouse hits him causing much damage to the #17. Jr. forced Laron up on the curb, came back into Jr. who hit Danica and Day spins to avoid with Stenhouse hitting Day. All caused by 3 wide into a 90[SUP]0 [/SUP]turn. It can't be done!

2nd real caution for this.

GA_Boater

The Dinger wheel hops in the Carousel, get clipped by Larson. No yellow, but damage to both with The Dinger getting the short end.

GA_Boater

Truex had tire changing probs - Dropped to 5th on the restart from the lead.

8 laps left in heat, JJ leading.

GA_Boater

Johnson wins Heat #2 with about a 5 second lead. His best road course performance was in Busch at Watkins Glen before he moved up to Cup. One for the high (or low) light reels when he had a dramatic styrofoam shredding experience.

Truex is having all kinds of trouble.

GA_Boater

Truex is tell crew the motor may be ready to go. 34 to go.

GA_Boater

Then the CC tells pit reporter the motor is OK. A few laps later he pits with a smoking motor. Oooops

GA_Boater

Harvick wins for the first time at Sonoma.

tubby taylor or 88 & 24 TO THE TOP! is the early iFL winner, final on Tuesday. Only 1 point separates the two,

GA_Boater

Kahne sure gave the wall a hard lick in the closing moments!

GA_Boater

The Twerp finished in 5th spot. May be the two loose lugnuts allowed him to improve his position coming out of the final pit stop. Penalty coming for him.

boatman37

Lieutenant
I remember that JJ WG hit in the Busch series. One of the worst I have seen besides Mikey (#30 Pennzoil car) and Mike Harmon hitting at Bristol on 2 separate occasions.

Looks like I got 7th. Truex and Danica killed me. In my Yahoo league I had Harvick (Group A-1st), MacMurray and Bowyer (Group B-10th and 2nd) and Suarez (Group C~17th). Pretty good lineup, huh? But right before the race I had the bright idea of swapping Bowyer for 'Dinger. Killed my results :facepalm:. Oh well

GA_Boater

JJ at The Glen is worth a replay. The styro didn't slow him down a bit. From 2000, 17 years ago.

aspeck

Staff member
Way to go Tubby! As for my team ... they were too busy getting knocked out/around to finish well. Hey, "I'm 23rd!"

GA_Boater

Final Sonoma results have Tubby taylor holding on for the iFL win by 2 points. Congrats and enjoy. slurpee11.png

Cup and X-Men will run at Daytona Friday and Saturday night. Trucks are racing on Thursday the 6th at Kentucky.