Nascar - Four Left Turns Just Like Indy

boatman37

Lieutenant
Well John Hunter knows how to get the sponsorship, last week was their last week for a while, I bet that has changed by getting 2 in a row!

more reason Cuppers should be limited in the lower series's. maybe 2 starts per year each? and if you double dip you miss a cup practice? lol

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I like that idea with one minor change - ZERO starts!

With the new playoff system every time a Cup driver has a top 10 heat finish or race win, points are kept out of the hands of the series regulars. The regulars can't get the playoff or bonus points which could put them in or keep them in the playoffs and X and Trucks just don't have as many races to make up the lost points and every top 10 heat or race win can affect who can race for the championship.

The kicker is the regular season playoff points carry through the playoffs, so Buschwhackers get to stick it to the series regular drivers twice. Playoff and bonus points should be awarded to the top 10 regular series drivers regardless of heat or race finishing position to eliminate the Buschwhacker effect.

Points are turned into checks at the end of the season and every lost point is lost money!

GA_Boater

Qualifying at Sonoma has Larson on the pole followed by McMurray, Truex, The Twerp, The Dinger, Danica, Blaney, Elliott, Buescher, Dale Jr, Suarez and Harvick in 12th.

Joey starts 18th.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
animated-alarm-clock-image-0005.gif

Wake up Musky!

Huh? What? Lol

18th???!!!! C'mon Man.......

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
The cup drivers should not even figure into the equation when it comes to awarding the Xmen their points, if they are running a full schedule they should be getting the points, so if a Xman finishes 2nd behind a cup regular, the Xguy gets all the points and so forth down the line and should be that way with stage wins, if the cup guy wins the stage the highest finishing Xguy gets the bonus point. If you are not eligble to win the championship, you should not figure into the points system at all!

GA_Boater

Huh? What? Lol

18th???!!!! C'mon Man.......

Didn't want you to miss bedtime. :rofl:

The cup drivers should not even figure into the equation when it comes to awarding the Xmen their points, if they are running a full schedule they should be getting the points, so if a Xman finishes 2nd behind a cup regular, the Xguy gets all the points and so forth down the line and should be that way with stage wins, if the cup guy wins the stage the highest finishing Xguy gets the bonus point. If you are not eligble to win the championship, you should not figure into the points system at all!

Couldn't agree more, MT. As much as I hate this new system, the lower series are penalized when a Cup driver runs in their series. The series points drivers should accrue points as if the outsiders aren't in the race. Highest point driver gets 1st place points and down the line.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Pole sitter Bell lead all 60 laps in the X-Race. Only 1 caution so far and 28 cars on the lead lap.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Watching the Xmen race tonight tells me, the Cup guys need to be out of the X Series, these guys are racing a lot harder than I ever seen them doing when the Cup guys are in the race, they need to make sure the two series are on different sides of the country every single week..

:mad-new:

GA_Boater

I had hopes of Bell winning, but he got hooked in the rear and mashed the right front.

They are piling up the cautions here toward the end.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well I never have a problem with a first time winner, Byron ran a good race and deserved to win, especially after last weekend, loosing against an encumbered win by Hamlin.

GA_Boater

First timers are always good to to see. Byron is 19 years, 6 months and 26 days old - Youngest Iowa winner.

And really nice to NOT see any Cuppers

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
First timers are always good to to see. Byron is 19 years, 6 months and 26 days old - Youngest Iowa winner.

And really nice to NOT see any Cuppers

I thought it was a much better race without any cuppers in the field, in the races with cup guys, the X men don't seem to try quite as hard, they just don't have the budget to wreck cars like the cup guys do.

GA_Boater

Most the X and Truck teams are low budget efforts, more like grassroots racing for many except at a national level.

I'm sure there will be some broken budgets with the Cup teams today.

6 ringers in the race, missed a couple of them the other day.

Warm up laps going on now.

GA_Boater

Suarez and The Twerp had to pit for flat-spotted tires. Too bad for Suarez. :rolleyes:

GA_Boater

Truex takes the lead from Larson. The Dinger gets around the #42 too.

12 laps in and the heat is 25 laps.

GA_Boater

1st yellow for Junior spinning and collecting Larson and Danica. 2 of my drivers in the mess!