very sore heel

82rude

Rear Admiral
Over the past month me heel has been getting really really sore.To the point where I can barley walk on it and percs don't help atall,zero effect .Made an app to see the doc on Monday .Im leaning towards planter fac(spelling problem).Has anybody had planters fac and if so what can be or what do they do about it.Cannot think of anytime I might of fractured it so hence planters fac as I seem to have all the symptoms .

shaw520

Chief Petty Officer
Yup Plantar Fasciitis,...also know as 'heel spurs',... I wear arch inserts in my shoes and it has brought great relief.

82rude

Rear Admiral
I find its worse without shoes like around the house.IM wondering if its damaged ligaments or the likes as it feels like a severly pulled muscle or the likes.guess i will find out monday i just wish it would go away its misery.

shaw520

Chief Petty Officer
Plantar fascilia is usually worse without shoes,..and usually the first few steps after sitting a spell,..arch inserts called "Walk Fit" are bout $20 and have helped me tremendously.

robert graham

Admiral
I had a painful bout of plantar fasciitis and my nurse/daughter told me about a good cure.....2 ibuprofen 4 times a day for about a week or until it's gone....Seems this fairly common ailment is really inflamation of that muscle/tendon on bottom of foot and the Ibuprofen is an anti-inflammatory. Of course Celebrex if very good but it is a prescription drug. Good Luck!

angus63

Captain
Wife has same symptoms. Shoe gel inserts, heel wraps, and ibuprofen help when severe. Plenty of potential remedies online but the for mentioned work best for her.

minuteman62-64

Lieutenant
Arch supports (orthotics). Been using them since the 1980's when I used to do a lot of running. I need them even when using my boat - since I'm standing most of the time.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Thanks for the advise guys we will see monday,if i need anti inflams i have drug coverage no problem.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
82rude, if you do need and type surgery, remember there are a lot of us on these forums that have some #11 Exacto blades and can do that for free. We are always willing to help a fellow iboater. :eek:

Seriously, until you get a confirmation as to what you have and how to treat it, be very careful with any NSAID. That can and do have a huge effect on your liver. Just a word of caution. JMHO

82rude

Rear Admiral
Seems to be calming down a bit with the advil.I only take min as im already taking percocet for other issues that are long term chronic.

Sprig

Chief Petty Officer
See a podiatrist, they are the experts for all foot problems. They are up on all the latest treatments and techniques. Regular physicians may be knowledgeable concerning foot ailments but podiatrists are the experts.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Up here you need a referral from a doctor.Who know as unlikely as it seems it could be fractured.years ago i had a sore wrist and was going to physio and it was hurting a lot.So i was labled by the quack as uncooperative.I basically threatened to do something drastic if my doc didnt sent me for xrays .He finally relented and sent me for a bone scan ,guess what?The bone just above the wrist was fractured length wise!All of a sudden everybody(doc and therapist) were very quite around me.

82rude

Rear Admiral
I think the best thing to do is, weather permitting go fishing tomorrow.Im not sure about anybody else but no matter whats bothering me, be it life or physical, a day out fishing washes all to the back of my mind.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I think the best thing to do is, weather permitting go fishing tomorrow.Im not sure about anybody else but no matter whats bothering me, be it life or physical, a day out fishing washes all to the back of my mind.

Now that IS a plan. Fishing sure does help for so many things. :thumb:

82rude

Rear Admiral
YUP,fella jusy got a 40 lbs musky in either echo lake or in echo bay im going to have to go there soon its only 1/2 hour away.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander
yup, I have it now, I have found that wearing shoes with good support helps but more importantly I have started doing some good stretches for calf muscles and back of foot.

both hands on a wall, one foot back about 2 feet one foot back about 1 foot, both feet flat on ground, bend forward leg to dip as low as possible while keeping both feet flat on the ground. you'll feel it in your calf if you do it right. I have also started running and working out more, body seems to be responding well.

mine was especially bad when first getting out of bed, was hard to go down the stairs etc in the morning

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
82rude, if you do need and type surgery, remember there are a lot of us on these forums that have some #11 Exacto blades and can do that for free. We are always willing to help a fellow iboater. :eek:

Seriously, until you get a confirmation as to what you have and how to treat it, be very careful with any NSAID. That can and do have a huge effect on your liver. Just a word of caution. JMHO

Dr. Quack I presume?