New Squid in Town

edit-Insert

Seaman Apprentice
Hello all. Just wanted to give an introduction and didn't see a forum dedicated for that.

I'm Jason. A former US Navy Sailor (Radioman if anyone cares to know). I recently acquired a 1960's (don't have serial yet) Mercury 500 Kiekhaefer. I'll be starting on her this coming weekend. The boat it is attached to was last registered in 2007. I only saw two wires after the cowl was removed and both will need replaced due to mice chews.

I'm sure I'll have questions to follow in the appropriate forum as this is my first outboard and my complete lack of small engine knowledge and experience.

I do have considerable experience with low voltage electronics and relays. Please feel free to ask away. If there's a topic just PM a link and I'll try to assist.

Respectfully,

Jason

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard Jason. Your service to our country is greatly appreciated.

aspeck

Staff member
Welcome aboard, Jason. Always glad for the newbies to come and swab the deck for a while! There is a bucket and a mop in the corner ... get busy! :lol::D Thanks for your service to our country and there are plenty of knowledgeable people on here to help you with that old merc! Ask away and thanks in advance for our help in your areas of expertise.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Welcome aboard Jason. And I too thank you for your service.

There are tons of experienced help on these forums and will assist you to getting your new-to-you Mercury engine running like new again. :thumb: