Sea Lion Drags Girl Into Wharf

Fun Times

Staff member
[video]http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/downtime/sea-lion-drags-girl-into-wharf/vi-BBBmzPM?ocid=ientp[/video]

aspeck

Staff member
Don't feed the sea lions ... they have no self control and don't know when to stop!

southkogs

Staff member
Saw that a little while ago ... wow. That was a big critter too.

82rude

Rear Admiral
By the time that guy hit the water the sealion was long gone, short of a load of poop that was scared out of him.In Canada its a federal offence to feed them .Stupid people That being said ive been to Victoria harbor warf and old one eye makes his living mooching off of people who buy fish to feed to him.

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
Seems that it would be a more accurate headline to have written "Sea Lion drags girl OFF wharf"....or . "...drags girl into water"...:confused:

82rude

Rear Admiral
If you believe the internet the sealion was going to commit mass murder which is ludicrous.That was not the bag of fish he expected when he yanked on that white thingy!Most likely scared him more than her.On a lighter note when i was out west i rented a 15 foot glass boat with a 4ohp yamaha to go fishing out in the straits off of victoria b.c. leaving from pedder bay marina.When i left a large seal followed me for a while then he stopped.When i returned 4 hrs later he was right there looking a me expectantly.When i shrugged my shoulders as in no luck he gave me what i assumed to be a look of pure disgust and left in a huff,lol.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I like how it was said, "you wouldn't walk up to a bear and hand him a ham sandwich?". That puts it into perspective for most, or it should.......

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Cool. I would "always" assume that momma is close by if a person crosses paths with a cub........ One squeal from the cub and momma will come runnin'.......

ajgraz

Lieutenant Commander
I hate furbag sea lions. This is the first time I've ever seen one do something useful.

Last edited by a moderator:

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Used to see this behavior with bears up in the adirondacks. They'd gather at the local landfill every night to fee, and stupid tourists would toss food to them. Once that started I always hustled the family out of there. Too many folks seem to think that animals will behave the way they do in a Disney movie. What part of the word 'wild' dp folks not understand?