Any one in South West Ontario Canada

TheAbyss

Cadet
After reading the mass amount of info on here and seeing the huge amount of people always willing to help another I'm glad I registered here indeed. I am curious if there any are members that happen to be in the Chatham thru to Windsor area I am just outside of leamington. I recently purchased what was supposed to be a get in and go boat, and as you can only guess it was not, the insides are now outside and the boat is in my shop.

I've been reading many posts and such but much to my past learning endeavors with fiberglass, it's more learn by mistake. Being I am in Canada and resin is on the order of 80$ gallon, I'd rather not make any more mistakes than need be.

Last edited by a moderator:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
You should spend some time in the Restoration threads, lots of knowledgeable people hang out there and they have walked me through a great amount of things over the years, good people, good information and a great time talking about our "Jump in and go" boats, they can walk you through the process to get things on track so quick you will be on the water in no time.

:)

TheAbyss

Cadet
That's what I like to hear, and I hope to do just that, Me and wife work from home and as such I have the luck of being able to spend more hours in the shop than most so it's every chance i get to sneak out there in between customer projects i'm there. I'm not sure what part of the fourm to post this question in exactly but my biggest question is that has any fellow Canadian found a good cheap (i know that never applies in Canada) source for fiberglass resin. Locally the price is crazy, I found a place in Florida that sells it for $125 5 gallon but its mail order only, so I need to find some one in lower Michigan that would be willing to let me ship to them and then drive over to pick it up I'm 40 +- minutes from Detroit.

82rude

Rear Admiral
Most U.S. border cities will have a place where you can mail to.Up here in soo ontario across the river its called My American Address.(in soo michigan).From my house to the border is 10 minutes if i hit lights!

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
After reading the mass amount of info on here and seeing the huge amount of people always willing to help another I'm glad I registered here indeed. I am curious if there any are members that happen to be in the Chatham thru to Windsor area I am just outside of leamington. I recently purchased what was supposed to be a get in and go boat, and as you can only guess it was not, the insides are now outside and the boat is in my shop.

I've been reading many posts and such but much to my past learning endeavors with fiberglass, it's more learn by mistake. Being I am in Canada and resin is on the order of 80$ gallon, I'd rather not make any more mistakes than need be.

Greetings from Belle River !!!!!! Didn't see what kind of boat you got or what your issues are. We use a place in Detroit for sending things and then go pick them up sometimes when it works for us. PM me if you need information. Good Luck with everything and hoping you didn't buy a 1980's Bayliner !!!!