Nascar - Yugo & Trabant Owners Need Not Apply

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Toyota Owners will be in Richmond this week. Should Ford and Chevy owners should stay home? More empty seats in the grandstand?

Cup and X-Men will be racing Saturday and Sunday with the activities kicking off Friday. Cup and X-Men practice with Cup qualifying late Friday afternoon. Cup has only 38 entries, so once again a partial field. From MRN, the schedule;

richs1.PNG

MRN didn't include the segments, so I dug it up for the Cup and X-Men races;
X-Men - Heat #1 75 Laps, Heat#2 75 laps, end lap 150, A Main - Final 100 laps
Cup - Heat #1 100 Laps, Heat#2 100 laps, end lap 200, A Main - Final 200 laps​
Weather is forecast to cooperate better than last week at Bristol. Let's hope so.

News and Notes
  • Last week it was the unfounded rumor of Kenseth retirement. This week it is the real retirement of Dale Earnhardt Jr. After missing the last 18 races of last year, which he said gave him time to think about retirement, he told Rick Hendrick a month ago that he was honoring his contract to finish the year and then retiring. So far his plans are to concentrate on his JRM teams and run some X-Men races next year.
  • Hendrick has not announced a 2018 replacement driver for the #88.
  • Penalty report for Bristol
    • Cup - Truex had loose nuts. Since the Lugnut rule was instituted, the Truex team must have 200 lugnut penalties and it was only started 1 year ago. :eek: CC is paying a $10,000 fine.
    • X-Penalty - Blaney, #22 failed post-race height inspection. CC got whacked 10 grand and 1 race suspension, plus 10 owner points.
  • #2 Keso's final appeal has been moved to May 9th. This is from the Phoenix race on March 19, almost 2 months ago and Penske will lose in the end.
  • TV ratings for Bristol was a 1.5. Probably a real good number for a race delayed to Monday.

iBoats Fantasy Live
Our latest iFL winner from Bristol is mohull2 for the first win. Mohull gets the cup.

slurpee11.pngCongrats, mohull2.

We have a new overall leader in TB2448.

Don't forget to update your team and good luck!​

Humpty_Boater, Esq.

GA_Boater

Kenseth make a late charge in the final qualifying segment and is sitting on the pole at B̶r̶i̶s̶t̶o̶l̶
̶. Richmond. The remainder if the top 12; Blaney, Truex, Stenhouse, Joey, Harvick, The Twerp, Bowyer, Busch41, McMurray, Suarez and the retiring Dale Jr.

Inspection woes continued with Austin Dillon failing laser inspection FIVE times and will start at the rear. For the rest, USA Today has the story - https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ace/101022750/

EDIT - Mistake? What mistake? :D

Last edited:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Bristol? I thought we were at Richmond this week?

Have you been drinking GA?

:eek::D

sam60

Captain
I hope GA_ is doing well and hope to kick his butt tomorrow.

GA_Boater

Kenseth make a late charge in the final qualifying segment and is sitting on the pole at B̶r̶i̶s̶t̶o̶l̶
̶. Richmond. The remainder if the top 12; Blaney, Truex, Stenhouse, Joey, Harvick, The Twerp, Bowyer, Busch41, McMurray, Suarez and the retiring Dale Jr.

Inspection woes continued with Austin Dillon failing laser inspection FIVE times and will start at the rear. For the rest, USA Today has the story - https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ace/101022750/

EDIT - Mistake? What mistake? :D

I only drink vintage hooch. April 25th was a very good year and smooth. Hic!

GA_Boater

Just watched one of the best versions of the National Anthem by 14 year old Sophia Nadder, Outstanding!

Engines fired up.

GA_Boater

Lap 6 and the 1st yellow for Erik Jones cutting a tire and smashed the wall. He looks to be done for today.

GA_Boater

2nd Yellow for Stenhouse doing a big wiggle and kissing the wall.

68 laps in the books and 28 cars on the lead lap with 32 laps to go in Heat #1.

GA_Boater

The Twerp, Earnhardt and Buescher too fast in or out of the pits.

GA_Boater

3rd yellow for end of Heat #1. Kenseth wins it and has led all laps today.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Yep. Say, did u see the break dancing by Kenseth's double?:facepalm: