Spring????

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I so look forward to the warmer weather but when it arrives I have to work so hard....I am promising myself to at least take a half day off on Sundays for boaating.

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
You can tell it's raining in spring in western Washington. It's blowing in eastern Washington.

At least the whole state is green now. Just finished making a trip to Bremerton and back. I'm sure glad when I get out of the west side and the traffic becomes more reasonable. Mostly me and the trucks on the road on this side.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I so look forward to the warmer weather but when it arrives I have to work so hard....I am promising myself to at least take a half day off on Sundays for boaating.

I refuse to work on Sundays in the summer. Winters, I have no choice if it snows the nite before......

Pusher

Lieutenant
You can tell it's raining in spring in western Washington. It's blowing in eastern Washington.

At least the whole state is green now. Just finished making a trip to Bremerton and back. I'm sure glad when I get out of the west side and the traffic becomes more reasonable. Mostly me and the trucks on the road on this side.

I grew up a couple towns west of Bremerton. That dinner is aweful. I actually took my wife to the tulip festival last weekend in Marysville and boy I'm glad I don't live over there.

The Seattle City board members are encouraging a city protest of you-know-who and one member even suggested shutting the airport down with Marchers... Insane.

I'll stay over here with you and the semi's 😃

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I actually like the mid 80's or a little lower, for our spring time high temps, but not the constant pollen barrage that covers everything with that chartreuse color. Every car, not parked inside a garage, is the exact same color this time of the year. And the sinuses suffer miserable. But most of the time I can endure the sinus problems. But the southeastern section of America has the worst sinus issues from the overwhelming pollen output each year, according to the ENT doctors that have chosen this area to practice their specialty. Ah-chew! :eek:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Well, the ground is white with light snow. Can hear pellets hitting the windows. Guess all the schools are closed around here in anticipation of ice accumulation. I think they're getting wimpy. How soon they forget what winter is like....

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Well, the ground is white with light snow. Can hear pellets hitting the windows. Guess all the schools are closed around here in anticipation of ice accumulation. I think they're getting wimpy. How soon they forget what winter is like....

That really seems odd. When I still lived and went to school in North East PA as a kid, we never seemed to have any days off for snow that I can remember. But then being a very small mountain side community in a coal mining area, most everybody walk to elementary school. It was only when I got to middle school did we get bussed to school in a near by middle school.

aspeck

Staff member
Oh, gm, they are getting wimpy in PA also ... new we shut down the school if the forecast says snow ... doesn't have to actually snow. And many parents don't like the delays, so they have gone to a 3 hour delay just in case ...

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
Oh, gm, they are getting wimpy in PA also ... new we shut down the school if the forecast says snow ... doesn't have to actually snow. And many parents don't like the delays, so they have gone to a 3 hour delay just in case ...

Thats sad, they are doing that here as well. Too many nervous "johnny-come-latelys". They are also paying way too much for property's and making the taxes soar. At least they don't know what a wrench is and if you are handy you can charge top dollar and make a good living.

As for spring? Hit 70 today!!! WOOHOO!!!!!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
The ice never showed. Grass is still white and it's snowing. They're threatening a big storm on Monday. They said, don't put the blowers away. They've been wrong all winter. Now they'll nail it....

Had 25 robins in the yard. A pit stop during migration.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
These pix are pretty clear. Some how they get altered between PB and here....

Maranvin

Seaman Apprentice
I just splashed last Tuesday. It's been cold and/or rainy everyday since

gm280

Supreme Mariner
The ice never showed. Grass is still white and it's snowing. They're threatening a big storm on Monday. They said, don't put the blowers away. They've been wrong all winter. Now they'll nail it....

Had 25 robins in the yard. A pit stop during migration.

That Robin sure doesn't look like it has missed any seeds. :pound:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas"............ The wife said we had a wolf in the yard for a while early this morning.....

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Better keep the Long Johns and a snow shovel handy for Fourth of July grillin', Musky. :eek:

jkust

Rear Admiral
Neighbors just bought a brand new entry level brand 60k boat sitting on a new lift. Going to be in the 20's for several days and not warming up to even 32 and It is an I/O. Hope it's ok.