Spring????

WIMUSKY

Staff member
It's fighting us. We had mid/upper 60's today and sunny. Wed looks just fantastic...... Pretty much like the rest of the week...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
What day is Summer this year? The day with no :smow:?

Pusher

Lieutenant
If it makes you feel better we get winds over here during spring until temperatures in the passes come up. Rob and a couple of us over here have to contend with spring now.

I was hoping to go bass fishing tomorrow. By the time it warms up enough for the wife it will be gusting to 12 and 50% chance of rain.

southkogs

Staff member
Weird year all around ... we kinda' skipped spring and went straight to summer ... the last week or so, the temperature has been "rain". According to my gauge we got almost 7" in the last week. Just shy of 3" yesterday alone.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Summer? Yesterday........ We get plenty of wind too in spring. Which is fine, as long as it's somewhat warm.... My cousins in 'Bama said they skipped spring too....... Furnace is running.......:rolleyes:

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Saw your weather thing; had to look at mine. 47 this morning; got up 75. This week says 60s-80s. And of course TS for the weekend.

GA_Boater

Your forecast from Weather Underground;

ohmy.PNG

Where did you hide the plow? This is nutz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Thanks GA! I double checked because I thought you were pulling my leg. 5-8"? Retirement may come earlier than I thought..... Took the dog for a walk tonite. 36 deg and windy. Glad I wore a parka and gloves. Only a 30deg swing from yesterday.....

Climate is changing alright, it's getting COLDER........... Up here anyway.......

Last edited:

GA_Boater

I wish I could say that was for Barrow, Alaska - But it's for Northern Wisconsin. Some forecasts say only a dusting to a couple of inches with WU showing 5-8". I figure by showing the worst case, if you prepare for that anything less is nothing.

Still, snow in late April/early May is not to be believed, is it?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
It's a rarity.

Even if we get 8", I'll just look at it from the inside of my house. People will have to deal with it......

GA_Boater

"I'll just look at it from the inside of my house." as you plot your move South!. :D

gm280

Supreme Mariner
When I was a kid still living in Pennsylvania, we had a snow fall in late May one year. So it wouldn't surprise me to see snow most any time in the upper northern states these days...despite global warming,,,,I mean climate change. :eek:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Try not to be green with envy........ Sounds like it may be an ice event. 1/2" -1"...... Lovin' the temps too.....

angus63

Captain
Fished off of Long Island Sat thru Mon. Morning temps in the 30's. Water temp 48 F. Fish felt warm.

aspeck

Staff member
We keep jumping back and forth between the 40's and 50's to the 80's. No wonder so many are sick! Last week my central heat/A/C took a dump ... compressor issues. Waiting for a price and time frame for fixing ... fireplaces have been enough to keep the house warm, but Thursday it is to be in the 80's again ... I might melt!