No denying I have a Sofa Boat now

Maclin

Admiral
I have a bench seat all across the back in my latest boat. It is very comfortable, and fully upholstered so not unlike a couch or sofa I guess. And the bottom seat and part of the backrest pulls out into a sofa bed, kinda weird.

20170422_194703.jpg

20170422_194921.jpg

They lift up from the back to reveal large storage bins.

southkogs

Staff member
Love it ... good one Maclin. We all need a little Home Cookin'.

Bench looks nice.

Maclin

Admiral
southkogs Glad you got the Home Cookin reference, that one kinda stuck with me. For others, Home Cookin was a member , very opinionated about what boating should be all about. They coined the term Sofa Boats for boats that were somewhat outside of acceptable, or maybe fluffier than necessary I would say.

Maclin

Admiral
I launched and retrieved last weekend without getting wet, solo. That should give me some creds in HC's book, even with a sofa boat :eyebrows:

Maclin

Admiral
Had to look up IKEA, lol. Never been in one, not sure if there is one close by, don't remember driving by one or if I did was not apparent to me what the sign was for. I am sure the Admiral knows all about them and is waiting to spring that shopping excursion on me at some point.

Home cookin' had an idea that if you got wet launching or retrieving that you were doing it wrong. I have only managed dry a couple of times, maybe 3. This last time I had to because I had worn the wrong shoes, kind of funny if you saw all the gymnastics I went through just to keep 'em dry :D

I just wanted to document that a sofa boat got dry launched and retrieved, so maybe that offsets any demerits for having that "type" of boat? teehee ;)

Rick Stephens

Admiral
I don't think I could handle a sofa boat. I think you have to dress differ'nt to operate one. And you for sure have to have a different class of passengers along to properly utilize said nautical feature than is my usual. Besides, I like launching dry. Not sure it is worth getting wet most every time just so I can do whatever it is that is done on a sofa. Nautically speaking, of course.