Nascar - Time For The Bristol Stomp

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The first race this year at the Bullring. Finally a track where heat racing might make sense, but not too much sense at this level. We'll have both Cup and X-Men competing along with what usually results in plenty of temper flare-up. Friday is when it all begins with practices and Cup Qualifying. Wonder if more than 31 Cup cars can get through inspection before qualifying this week, unlike at Texas. Here is the MRN weekend schedule;

bris2.PNG
Looking at the weather forecast, the darts struck WET for a good chunk of Friday through Sunday. :blue:
The entry list has dropped back down to 39, so GhostRider will be starting 40th.

News and Notes
  • The Rumor Mill was in overdrive this week when Matt Kenseth called a press conference for Wednesday. Since he's the oldest full timer in Cup, it was surmised a retirement announcement was coming. All it turned into was a new sponsor coming aboard - Circle K convenience stores. LOL
  • Even Danica is looking to plan for retirement, she's 35. Sometimes I think she retired a long time ago.
  • Keso Team Penalties, Appeal Part II - After sitting one race, Keso's crew chief returned to Texas during Appeal Part I. The appeal was lost. so Penske appealed to the next level and the ruling will come on April 25th. The penalties arose from failing post-race at Phoenix.
  • TV ratings were flat from 2016, but down from 2015.
iBoats Fantasy Live
FlaCowboy won for the first time this year with a 55 point victory. Good job Cowboy and Slurpee away.

slurpee11.png
The overall leader is FloridaFishingNetwork with FlaCowboy edging up.​
Get your picks in before the race on Sunday. Don't forget!

Humpty_Boater, Esq.

ehenry

Commander
fhhuber, you and I have the same sentiments for the dirty, rotten, booger eating moron.

I have lots of other names for him but this is a family oriented site. :D

AND we cant leave out HorseFace and MuleFace that drive for Penske.

aspeck

Staff member
Man, I am feeling the LOVE here for Sweet lil' ol' Kyle! About as much as I like him ...

GA_Boater

Joey's on my list. Unless he is bumpin' The Twerp! :D

Weather sux! Qualifying has been canceled.

Front row is the other Kyle and Elliott. Row 2 is Truex and Keso, 3rd row is Joey and Blaney with The Twerp and McMurray followingh in row 4. All 39 positions have been set by Owner Points/race attempts and bribery. :rolleyes: LOL

fhhuber

Lieutenant
Joey's on my list. Unless he is bumpin' The Twerp! :D

Weather sux! Qualifying has been canceled.

Front row is the other Kyle and Elliott. Row 2 is Truex and Keso, 3rd row is Joey and Blaney with The Twerp and McMurray followingh in row 4. All 39 positions have been set by Owner Points/race attempts and bribery. :rolleyes: LOL

Heavy on the bribery.

GA_Boater

Truth! LOL

Elliott had a spin during the only practice today, no damage because he didn't hit anything - Rare for Bristol. Joey brushed the wall with minor scrapes, Kahne brushed with no word about going to his backup and Bayne hit hard and is switching to his backup.

GA_Boater

I am tired of the Buschwhackers taking away from the X-Regs. The 1st heat had 5 Cuppers in the top 5, so no Playoff points for any X-Reg. Ridiculous!

And 8 laps short of halfway, it's Red flagged for rain. The silly delays for the in between heats yellow caused this. :facepalm:

GA_Boater

Jones won the X-Race and the highest placing X-Regs were Sadler and Hemric in 4th and 5th.

Tomorrow looks to have a mess of rain.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Isn't the Cup race tonite, Humpty?

Say Humpty, check the date on your schedule of events.....:facepalm:

GA_Boater

No, it's tomorrow. MRN posted the race from last August race and updated after the thread was started. Not my bad, MRN's bad.

At least someone caught it, I sure didn't.

You can watch Counting Cars, Musky. :D brisspring.PNG

Attachments

• bristol.PNG
    bristol.PNG
    25.7 KB · Views: 0

GA_Boater

Not Saturday night and not Sunday afternoon, but Monday at 1PM on Fox. Rain will not stop and may let up by then.

GA_Boater

The pre-race show on Fox is still airing live at 1:30 today.

sam60

Captain
I'm watching Forrest Gump for about the 15th time on AMC. Worked in the yard yesterday and hurt today. Race ?

GA_Boater

Not really paying attention to the race. At the end of Heat #1, Larson leads and only 23 cars on the lead lap. Only one caution resulting in a red flag for Chris Buescher spilling fluids after smashing the front of his car.