Hello!

jsparks747

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hello everybody! My name is Jake and my nickname is Sparky. I am 15 years old and live in Oregon, but my parents have a vacation house on the shores of Puget Sound. I have been around boats and guns (my 2 favorite hobbies) my entire life and love to fish, hunt, boat, and have an all-around good time. I have experience with being on and handling both power boats and sailboats in all types of waters and weather, from inshore rivers to ocean. I know a good amount about boats and motors, but am always interested in learning more. Happy boating and good fishing!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Welcome aboard Jake

you have come to the best boating forum to learn stuff

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard Sparky! You share a name with one of the great cartoonists of all time ... Charles Schultz nickname was Sparky!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard and thanks for filling a crew opening.

Ya know swabbing the decks is the first order of business? LOL

Glad to have you, Sparky. Enjoy the cruise.

aspeck

Staff member
Welcome aboard, Sparky. There is room here for all ages and experience levels, and many of us love boating, guns, fishing, and hunting, so you fit right in!

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Welcome aboard, JS Parks. Sparky ?

What type of boats do you use ?

jsparks747

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Welcome aboard, JS Parks. Sparky ?

What type of boats do you use ?

We had a Alumacraft that we used up at my Grammie's house on the White Salmon River in Washington but PacificCorp blew the dam and said everything would be fine. River took it away. Currently my dad and I are looking at a 1970 Century Buccaneer 18 to restore for our house by Puget Sound.

jsparks747

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Have also sailed on friends' boats as crew such as a Newport 28, a Lumacraft 30 Cruiser, and a Kingfisher 3325 Offshore.

jsparks747

Petty Officer 3rd Class
You sound like a cool kid. I no longer weep for the future.
Thanks! I wouldn't necessarily stop though... A lot of kids would still rather play a video game or watch TV than be outside.