A spring time heads up

Pusher

Lieutenant
Ticks aren't much better. My wife's friend almost died of lime disease

DeepCMark58A

Commander
One of the first things I bought when we moved to the country was a cheap 410 pump and two boxes of shells (6). It stays in the garage loaded and ready. Ducks and turkeys are laying; and I'm looking! Works good on turtles in the pond Too!.

Why shoot turtles for living in a pond?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Being an avid ammo reloader (yes another hobby), I always wondered why .410 shotgun shells always cost way more then 20 or 12 gauge shells? It takes a heck of a lot less materials to load them. :noidea:

@ jakedaawg, As for the heat :eek: I am certainly not "deceptively bragging" about the weather. Actually more like complaining. That is way too hot this early in the season for me. However they are predicting a lot colder next week. Only in the mid 70's like I like it.

@ Pusher, yes I know of some folks that had serious issues with ticks. Odd how such a small insect can cause such huge serious problems. Glad to hear she recovered though. Need to check yourselves closely if you re in an area that supports those evil bugs.

@ Redfred1, not sure why you shoot the turtles. :noidea: Here in Georgia a lot of turtles are strictly protected. Especially Gopher, Bog, Eastern Mud, Eastern River and Loggerhead turtles. We see then lots of times around any type water.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I agree w/ WIMUSKY, you should not be able to deceptively brag about your nice spring weather.

When it gets so hot down there that opening your door is like sticking your head in a bag of microwave popcorn we will not have any sympathy!

Yeah! Tell him Jake!:laugh:

Well looky there, the sun does exist..... Woo Hoo!:)

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Yeah! Tell him Jake!:laugh:

Well looky there, the sun does exist..... Woo Hoo!:)

Ha...this is starting to look like a gang up. If I could send the heat your way, believe me I certainly would. I like cooler weather. 90 is too hot to me! :eek:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Ha...this is starting to look like a gang up. If I could send the heat your way, believe me I certainly would. I like cooler weather. 90 is too hot to me! :eek:

It is..... Lol We would die in that heat at this moment. But 40s with rain/snow is the other end of the spectrum. Heck, I'd be happy to be in the mid 50s right now, which is our average.....

gm280

Supreme Mariner
It is..... Lol We would die in that heat at this moment. But 40s with rain/snow is the other end of the spectrum. Heck, I'd be happy to be in the mid 50s right now, which is our average.....

Maybe you can send some big boxes and I will fill them up with hot air and ship back. It is the least I can do. :pound:

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
I knew I would get some flak about the turtle hunt. We have approx. a 1/2 tank stocked with Bass; Catfish; Perch; and some large Koi. When I say large; some are over 30" long.(That thing about them only getting so big is crap.) They are like pets! When I catch a fish and see a hunk out of it it ticks me off. I know Florida has laws regarding turtles. If I could sent them there I would; but they wouldn't survive the trip.Also from a distance; you cannot tell the difference between a turtle or snakes head. Sorry.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I knew I would get some flak about the turtle hunt. We have approx. a 1/2 tank stocked with Bass; Catfish; Perch; and some large Koi. When I say large; some are over 30" long.(That thing about them only getting so big is crap.) They are like pets! When I catch a fish and see a hunk out of it it ticks me off. I know Florida has laws regarding turtles. If I could sent them there I would; but they wouldn't survive the trip.Also from a distance; you cannot tell the difference between a turtle or snakes head. Sorry.

Ha, don't get me wrong. I am not judging. To each their own. I just know in Georgia we have laws that protect most turtles, that's all. :D

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
No thank you! I use to say "that's why I live in Washington" then I moved to the Eastern side of the state šŸ˜±šŸ˜« Creepy like buggers.

I used to hunt eastern WA when I lived there, I cannot tell you the amount of times I ran into rattlers!

Pusher

Lieutenant
I gave up hunting when I moved over here. There's too many no-hunting signs and private lands for me to find a spot. Finding a huntig buddy is harder than I thought too. I took my brother for granted apparently :)