Frozen 4

WIMUSKY

Staff member
The Final 4 for hockey......

UMD is mainly a D2 school except for hockey. It's a pretty big deal up here.

They say UMD is equal in every way to Harvard. I guess we'll see. Should be a good game.....

UMD is #2 in the nation......

Both games are tonite......... Go 'Dogs!

Sorry Art.........

icehockey-men_d1_2017_lmi79r.jpg

Last edited:

aspeck

Staff member
Denver and MD will advance after tonight ... Denver's D is tough ... all year they only gave up 4 or more goals 1 (I believe that is correct). I think the Denver ND game will be a bit of a blowout and Harvard will battle closely with MD but not have enough to put them away at the end. That will set up a tough defensive battle on the 8th. That is my prediction ... As far as the winner on the 8th, flip a coin.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
UMD's goalie, Hunter Miska, is up for the Mike Richter award(top goalie in the country). He's stellar.......

Last edited:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
We use to have a local semi-pro hockey team close by. And we attended every game without exception. But sadly there weren't more supporting them and the left. Then a few years later another team started up. But again they didn't get the local support and they too dissolved. And now one more has cropped up, but I am sure it isn't staying long either.

If it isn't basketball, the locals in that city couldn't care less about any other game or team. And that tells the entire story as well. The teams and games were in another city close by, but the make up of that city doesn't respond to anything but basketball. Need I say more. :rolleyes:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
We use to have a local semi-pro hockey team close by. And we attended every game without exception. But sadly there weren't more supporting them and the left. Then a few years later another team started up. But again they didn't get the local support and they too dissolved. And now one more has cropped up, but I am sure it isn't staying long either.

If it isn't basketball, the locals in that city couldn't care less about any other game or team. And that tells the entire story as well. The teams and games were in another city close by, but the make up of that city doesn't respond to anything but basketball. Need I say more. :rolleyes:

Lol It's just the opposite up here, hockey, hockey, hockey. That's all the sports news talks about. Lucky to get scores for the Vikings, Twins, T-Wolves and local basketball. Heck, the arena is 3/4s empty at the college basketball games...

aspeck

Staff member
High School basketball is big and High School hockey hasn't cut the ice yet, but what is college basketball? PennState Hockey in HockeyValley has really changed the outlook on the college sport. Have to give credit to the Buffalo Sabres owner and Penn State Alum, Terry Pagula for his infusion of $118Mil to build the new stadium at Penn State and move PSU from club hockey to NCAA hockey. And there is a bitter rivalry between those that love the Pittsburgh Penguins and those that are Philly Flyer wannabees. :lol::facepalm:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I thought PSU ruined college hockey......:fencing::fencing:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
2:00 PP Harvard 12:00 Elbowing Leveled the guy!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Scramble at the net and the Dogs couldn't poke it in..

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Geez, another penalty..
2:00 PP Harvard 5:35 Boarding

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Crap! Goal Harvard 5:00

It was bound to happen, 3rd PP

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Dogs missed an open net at about :35

1-1 after 1

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Shots on goal:

UMD - 27
Harvard 23

Starting the 2nd

WIMUSKY

Staff member
2:00 PP UMD 17:20 Tripping..... C'mon boyz!!

ESPN2 if anyone is interested.....