Nascar - Tearing Up Parts 500

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
This week we're at Texas for Cup and X-Men. The track has a fresh repave and some flattening of turns 1 and 2. There has been no on-track testing since the work was finished, so there is a good chance a lot of O'Reilly auto parts will be trashed. Trucks are on a one month+ vacation. From MRN, the schedule;

texas1.PNG

The race will be the first time since Daytona in February that the field is full with 40 cars on the entry list. Weather is forecast to be a non-factor.

News and Notes
  • I guess it had to happen - 4 races may have Bellator MMA matches as part of pre-race festivities in conjunction with Monster, details to follow. Some of the comments about this development;
    • "Can we just have a good race? When I go to the track, I'm there to see the race. Maybe I'm getting old, but I could care less for all the other pre-race stuff."
    • "Why they would do this is baffling."
    • "It was only a matter of time.......what a joke."
If Monster makes this happens, these should be some of the pairings; Jimmy Spenser vs Kurt Busch, Clint Bowyer vs Jeff Gordon since Bowyer didn't catch up with Gordon and of course, Joey Logano vs The Twerp (Musky is picking Joey - LOL).​
  • On a serious note - Tony Stewart and Danica Patrick have "earned" induction into the Bobblehead Hall of Fame. :eek:
  • TV ratings and March Madness can't be blamed. A 2.1, down again from last year which had 2.2. Martinsville wasn't as much of a drop as the two racers before, but the trend is still down.

iBoats Fantasy Live
With new asphalt and other track changes, make your picks wisely for Texas. Especially since no teams have tested and you know these guys don't like changes affecting car set-ups.

Duskybear 3 took the checkers at Martinsville and gets the cup. Congrats, DB 3.

slurpee11.png

FloridaFishingNetwork has taken over the top spot in the overall standings.​

Humpty_Boater, Esq. Call 1-800-BAD-RACE

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I didn't even know there was a "BobbleHead Hall of Fame"

:facepalm:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Ratings are down from last year and last years ratings were probably down from the year b/4. It would be interesting if Humpty would post up some stats over the last 5/10 years....... :)

MMA? They are scraping the bottom of the barrel.......

Go Joey!

GA_Boater

Sickos........

Looks like the trucks run there?

http://speedsociety.com/huge-nascar-...source=c10&c10

This track is in Connecticut and I don't think any of the national series race there.

Human trafficking may explain why the job fair notice on their website for new candidates.

jobfair.PNG

Ozzy looks like Charlie Sheen in the video - Maybe the hat and shades. LOL

Five or ten years of ratings??? Is this meant to be a test of my Googler? :lol:

How about the the last bunch of races? Only 2 bright spots, Daytona was even and the Brickyard last year was up. All the rest for rating and viewers are down.

header.PNG
ratings.PNG

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Interesting. A lot of big numbers. And the total % will only get larger when this year is x% less than last year. Thanks Humpty........ :)

I just thought I saw a NASCAR Trucks sign in the vid..... Maybe the Whelen series runs trucks too....

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well I just found something to watch on TV, that has the same type of ratings that NASCAR has had the last couple of years!!!!

The confirmation hearing for the next Supreme Court Justice

:facepalm:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Hey, that's political! Gorsuch will be confirmed.. Who said that??????:rolleyes::tape::ban:

I hope flattening Texas raceway will make for good racing........

Go Joey!:rockon:

GA_Boater

Don't know about good racing. Elliott and Jones wrecked during practice and are going to backups. The Twerp wrecked too and was going to a backup, then they changed to fixing the car and skipping Q-ing. The lowest he will start is 36th I guess since it's a Charter team.

:tape:

GA_Boater

Yeah, but not bad enough to pull out the backup. :blue:

GA_Boater

Cup qualifying just finished with Harvick on the pole. The rest of the top 12 are Blaney, Bowyer, Logano, Keso, McMurray, Truex, Kenseth, Newman, Busch41, Stenhouse and Blaney

42 24 18 88 5 77 37 51 55 - These 9 cars didn't make through inspection in time. 24, 77 and 18 could be understandable because they had to go to backups or in the case of The Twerp, fix some practice wall smush damage, but the other 6 are puzzling.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Happy Hour had a few more damaged cars. Bayne and Kahne bit the wall and both into backups, Bayne for sure.

GA_Boater

Erik Jones won the X-Race followed by 3 more Cuppers. Cole Custer in 5th was the highest placing X-Reg. :facepalm:

Watch out when making your iFL picks - Plenty of drivers starting at the rear with backup cars and not qualifying.

GA_Boater

Jones is a full time Cup rookie - So an X-er didn't win. Sad! LOL

64osby

Admiral
Threw my darts, hoping for better results than last week. :cold: