Hello all

First off hi. Been lurking a bit in here and reading up on undertaking this new project. Going to have some questions when we get to the details of a resto here in a season or two and after we move across two states, lol. For now I'll be lurking and learning. Our first boat here and it's been close to 30 years since I've been out running one on the water... Anyway, tried to upload some pics if they work... Hold on could be a hell of ride with our $350 adventure into boating...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1490479445937.jpg
    FB_IMG_1490479445937.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1490479438969.jpg
    FB_IMG_1490479438969.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 0
  • FB_IMG_1490479432489.jpg
    FB_IMG_1490479432489.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 0

Maclin

Admiral
Welcome aboard! We know you are real because you come bearing (posting?) pictures :)

Looks like a good start for a project, tell us a little more about it please!

It's a 93 Bayliner Capri. 18' Came with a force 125 of so far unknown condition. My girl is starting the redo of the seats which are are in pretty sad shape. Floors and all that seem solid. Transom seems solid thus far but I know it's taken on water. Haven't had time to get her in the driveway yet to do or learn much more than that...

Maclin

Admiral
The Outboard Bayliners from that era, in just observing what friends and acquaintances have "drug home", seem to fare better than their I/O siblings. Have seen quite a few I'O's from then, in person and online, and all had soft floors. The OB's just in general tended to not have soft floors. I hope yours is one of the solid ones.

I think there are OEM style replacement lounge seats made for that model that work with the original raised seat bases. They might be expensive but are ready to go in the original colors and styling. Just fyi.

Good luck on that project and keep the pics flowing. Some of us boat vicariously too.

Yea. I looked at new seats but the guy threw in a roll of vinyl to recover most of the old ones. The price scared me away seeing as the budget is close to 0. Lol. We ordered more to add some cover. It's a challenge for the ole lady and I think she's enjoying it if I'd have time to pull the side panels off for her to get really rolling on them.