Drone TV

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Oh the CB years, the liner, tower, browning golden eagle MK3 and Moonraker 4 antenna, the KTK3490 hill top control, those were different years. Nearby TV's didn't stand a chance :D

That said, yes there were other threads but different variations on the topic. I'm about 65 miles from the stations and digital TV is mainly good for 50.

I'm going to try the manlift and pole idea.
Be sure to post pix! :D

gm280

Supreme Mariner
We rab a moonraker on top the tower. Had to rebuild it a few times due to wind damage. Tower was done when a guy wire snap in 80mph winds. And had the tower crash over the house. Sending the moonraker thru the garage

Are you saying your "Moonraker" turned into a "Garage Cleaner"? I do remember those days and in some respect, glad they are in the past. As with anything. some rude and crude folks loved to step on you any time then could. But I do remember staying up all night talking useless gibberish junk. Why? Who really knows... :noidea: :facepalm:

southkogs

Staff member
I do remember those days and in some respect, glad they are in the past. As with anything. some rude and crude folks loved to step on you any time then could. But I do remember staying up all night talking useless gibberish junk. Why? Who really knows... :noidea: :facepalm:
Basically Facebook without having to type, right? :D

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Basically Facebook without having to type, right? :D

I guess you could see it that way. I have no real idea about facebook, or tweeter, or any social media sights. This is the only sight I actually read. I really don't have time to do those other places and honestly don't care to either. But CB days I guess were social media sights, without the media. :noidea:

southkogs

Staff member
LOL ... I still keep a CB in the car just 'cuz I have the leftover box and it's one more way to communicate in a jam. Last time I plugged it in and listened to the truckers on a trip ... it was pretty much felt like two people reading some social media feed. I got a laugh out of the thought then, and finally got to plug it here.

Like you GM, I don't do much social media beyond this site ...

... which ain't doing nuthin' for AD's TV signal. Take pictures of the makeshift rig when you try the man lift out, okay? :nerd:

alldodge

Staff member
Will see what I can work out southK

Still have a cb in the truck under the seat. Turn it on when on long trips, and when traffic starts slowing down. Been able to get around backups several times.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
And here I thought I was the only hold out on the CBs. I still have a rude and crude 40 channel CB as well. But it is sitting in a cabinet in the shop...just in case. :eek: But it is one of those real cheapy models that gets multiple station all at the same time. I guess you could say it is a multitasking model. :noidea:

AllDodge, be careful setting up your tower system. But do let us know how well it works...or doesn't work.