Bad week in the neighborhood!

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
It has been a crazy week around here. The only good thing has been the weather. (Sun and mid 70's) ;.Now the bad news. My neighbor down the road had told me he was getting a newer pontoon and had a buyer lined up. I helped dig it out over the weekend. He had parked it in his driveway; was using a PW inside; lost his balance and .....Luckily I was outside; heard his scream. Mad rush down there; had to call 911. He ended up with a broken leg; broken arm; and a broken collarbone. Also a knot on his head the size of orange.That same evening I was in the garage working on my welding stand; stood up; tripped; fell face first. got up gingerly but was ok. Woke up the next morning; was making first cup; had to sneeze; did; and hit the floor. A trip to the ER and 6hrs. later guess who has a fractured L2. Thank goodness its Friday; can't take too much more!1

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Sorry to hear your stories. It can and does happen some times. Always good to let others know where you are and when. But even that doesn't stop accidents. Take care and heal well before returning to any work. :sorry:

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks gm. I'm down but not out. I just hate to waste all of this fantastic we are getting! Wish I could share.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Get well quick, I fully understand, been there done that and have no desire to visit that place again!

Big Gee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I hope things improve for you soon.

Is that neighbor the one with the "attack goose" ?

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Can give an update! Between the walker and the back brace am getting around better. Have a appt. to set a date I get glued (epoxy) back together. Only suppose to wear this brace 1 month. Talked to neighbors wife. He wants out; she wants him to stay in. (She doesn't want to wait on him like a baby).

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Can give an update! Between the walker and the back brace am getting around better. Have a appt. to set a date I get glued (epoxy) back together. Only suppose to wear this brace 1 month. Talked to neighbors wife. He wants out; she wants him to stay in. (She doesn't want to wait on him like a baby).

Are you sure you want to use Epoxy instead of Polyester? If you use Epoxy, you can't put gel coat on afterwards, they don't mix well with each other. :facepalm:

Seriously, take care and make sure you are well healed before jumping into anything, not literally. I know that is hard to do some times, but everything will still be there after you are healed.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Which ever way you choose just make sure you clean the area really good with acetone ..šŸ˜

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks Guys; appreciate the good thoughts. Isn't my first rodeo with this; (crushed L4 in '12) by doing something stupid); so I know what is going down. I am taking a steroid that gives me more energy than I need; and I hate to sit around when the weather is and has been great! If its not raining; I'm outside. However; I know it going to take a while.

Mr.sp; 30 minutes outpatient. I will sleep like a baby!

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Everything going down on the 12th! Of course after the immortal words that you always hear. "One more test"!

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Everything went down without a problem. For those who are interested; it is called a Kyphoplasty. (Had to look it up myself). In at 8; out by 12.) Now a recupe time.
Thanks again for the kind thoughts.