meaningless contest

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Had some winds yesterday afternoon. My weather station clocked at 54 for a few minutes then steady 35-45 for about 10 minutes. The chairs you see on the pool cover used to be just to the right of where I and standing taking the pic.

Now, the meaningless contest part. I am standing where the grill was. Wind would of course be coming at my and the grills back. Note the location of the propane tanks.

How did it get that way?

southkogs

Staff member
We got about 1.3" of rain in just an hour or so. Lotsa' debris around the house, and several neighbors lost trees - crazy is that NOTHING in our backyard moved. I only clocked winds of 16MPH last night.

Glad y'all are mostly okay Joe. Crazy night last night.

aspeck

Staff member
The wind blew it over, "face down. Then the wind flipped it over from the bottom, rotating it around the tank, resulting in the current position. Propane tank was the anchor.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
The wind blew it over, "face down. Then the wind flipped it over from the bottom, rotating it around the tank, resulting in the current position. Propane tank was the anchor.

Well hell that went quicker than I thought.

Pretty amazing to flip it over form the bottom.

southkogs yeah we got right at 1" in less than an hour, about 40 minutes. Field flooded pretty quick. TVA pole came down on some residendtial poles over at one of the kids house a couple miles away.

The wind and rain went from calm to hell in less than 30 second. Pretty dramatic.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
WOW, with that type wind, it is amazing that the fence didn't blow down. :eek:

southkogs

Staff member
The Admiral was on the road in Murfreesboro when it hit - and you're right it came outta' no where - she pulled over because she watched the transformers down Old Fort Parkway sparking off the poles. She thinks it was 3 in a row that went off before she pulled over in a parking lot.

Yeah, gm - flat line winds vs. rotations create some really weird ground effects.

aspeck

Staff member
Well hell that went quicker than I thought.

What can I say, other than we do that type of thing all the time at accident scenes. The power of wind and water both amaze me. I always marvel at the power and effects that nature has over objects (trees, houses, cars, grills, chairs, garbage cans, etc). Nothing to be trifled with, that is for sure!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Are there scuff marks on the front handle of the grill where it hit the concrete ? :suspicious:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Just the knob, and a small dent on top. Used it tonight. No new grill for me....

82rude

Rear Admiral
Wind my butt!You got some mean tuff squirrels,lol.Hear you on the wind ,my yard is littered with small branch's and we had herds of garbage cans roaming the street unsupervised.