THe Fake IRS Scammers

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Still have snow on the ground and I`m bored and guess what. I get a call from the fake irs. the new phone systems allow them to get your real name and address from the caller ID feature but dont worry. If you tell them its a fowarded number and give a fake name, address and zip they will work with you.
I call twice a day and the longest I had one on was an hour and a half. Be warned, if you ask for David Hernendez immediatly you will be cursed at.
and its not for childrens ears.
And to top it off I gave them this info , now thats one stupid scammer
Barack Obama
1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington DC
Record it if you can, and send any info you do get to the real IRS at phishing@irs.gov
Go have some fun and drive them out of business

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Heck, I got a call from the FBI the other day, that was a fun one to play with!

:lol:

aspeck

Staff member
I still like the Windows guys ... they are coming to clean my windows! A local woman went to Walmart as per instructed by the IRS scammers and bought $23,000 work of gift cards and gave them the card numbers to avoid prosecution! :facepalm: When would the IRS ever ask to be paid in Walmart gift cards???? Unbelievable the gullibility of some people! I swear the next one that calls me, I am going to be Inspector Clusso and the person they are calling has just been murdered. Then I want to know their name, address, and phone number and what their relationship is with the deceased. I will also let them know that they have 24 hours to turn themselves into their police station for questioning. They are not being arrested, but they are a person of interest in this apparent murder. I will see how long they stay on the line when they are questioned by the police...

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
We got 3 calls from the Windows guys the other day. So annoying.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
My pasted-on mother-in-law, bless her heart, would fall for everything. And I am extremely glad she never owned a computer. She would call my wife and tell her that she won like a bezillions dollars and all she had to do was tell them her back account number so they could deposit the money, OR send them like a few hundred dollars to cover the paperwork fees. She would tell my wife that she was so lucky to be chosen and was going to send them the money. It would take everything we could to explain to her that it was a scam. And she always thought we were trying to get that money for ourselves instead. Amazing she never sent the money...I hope... As we get older, we seem to forego common sense. Oh no, I am getting older... :eek:

Fun Times

Staff member
I would have thought that the IRS scammers should have slowed to a stop by now since they're were caught but I guess not.
IRS Scammer Gets Caught But The Scam Continues | Taxation ...
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2016/05/24/five-arrested-irs-impersonation-scam/84874934/

They tend to hang up on you when you ask them for their IRS ID number, phone number extension and what's the location of their IRS agency they work out of "too" in order to verify with my supervisor of why wasn't I cognizant of an audit regarding me.:eyebrows:

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
My 80 Year old mother in law got one of those scammers real good. He told her she had some kind of virus on her computer....blah...blah...etc. She doesn't have a computer! She led him on for quite some time following his instructions on where to look on her screen and where to click. Until she finally said...but I don't even have a computer. He said F@#$ YOU and hung up. Ha ha! She made me laugh!

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
My mom bless her heart fell for or almost fell for one of those scams ... She went to the publix super market to wire some money but luckily the lady at the desk knew her and informed her it was a scam .. She was really embarrassed by it ... The people that prey on the elderly like that will have their day of reckoning I guarantee it ... Maybe not today but one day they will get whats coming to em !!!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
My 80 Year old mother in law got one of those scammers real good. He told her she had some kind of virus on her computer....blah...blah...etc. She doesn't have a computer! She led him on for quite some time following his instructions on where to look on her screen and where to click. Until she finally said...but I don't even have a computer. He said F@#$ YOU and hung up. Ha ha! She made me laugh!

They prey on the old and senile. Or try to. :wink:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Speaking of Windows.
My mother keeps getting calls about WIN7 and her license is about to expire. It's a recording and they ask her to call another number for the details. Where you know they're going to try and extort money from her. Thankfully she e-mail me. At least her "Scamdar" was up.......

When I was in my late 20s living in downtown MPLS, a girl approached my door saying she was selling magazines for a trip to someplace warm to "meet cute guys like me"! Lol She needs a better approach. Lol I listened to her speech and said no thank you. She left scowling.....Lol Apparently, I wasn't cute anymore....Lol

Same with a telemarketer. Let him go thru a long rant. Again said "no thank you". Got the F'inheiymer and he hung up....

brian4321

Petty Officer 1st Class
My favorite is the Facebook scam where some attractive young lady friends you then starts messaging you acting very flirty , but fishing for personal info. A few weeks ago I had a friend's request from one, and I was bored, so I added her, and within minutes she started messaging me. So after feeding her a line of misleading info on where I live , she asked what I do in life. I said, I'm a cyber security agent, and we track down and prosecute scammers. I was blocked within seconds

WIMUSKY

Staff member
My favorite is the Facebook scam where some attractive young lady friends you then starts messaging you acting very flirty , but fishing for personal info. A few weeks ago I had a friend's request from one, and I was bored, so I added her, and within minutes she started messaging me. So after feeding her a line of misleading info on where I live , she asked what I do in life. I said, I'm a cyber security agent, and we track down and prosecute scammers. I was blocked within seconds

I've been getting a bunch of those too lately. Seem to come in bunches. Must be because I'm "cute".....Lol Never friended any of them and marked as spam.....

boatman37

Lieutenant
ultimate revenge!!!! > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7OgWcwgB50

my mother-in-law received a call one day that her grandson (my step-son, who is a police officer) was arrested in Canada and she needed to send bail money. We are at least 4 hours from Canada and he had just left her house an hour earlier...lol

had a friend that passed away several years ago. he called me one day and said i would never have to work again. he said he got an email that he had won or inherited 15 bazillion dollars or something. he actually gave them his bank account info. i told him to hang up and call his bank immediately and close his accounts. no damage done there. but a few months later he called and told me the same thing. he hadn't given them any info at that point yet.

wife had a friend that was single and was on a few dating sites and met a guy online that said he was in the military in some other country. he said he had a mansion back here and drove a hummer and had a sports car but he needed her to send him money because he couldn't get access to his money on the base. my wife and a few other friends told her it was a scam. not sure if she ever sent him money (she didn't have it anyway) but she got mad at my wife and the others for telling her it was a scam and said that they were just jealous that she found a great catch...lol. we don't talk to her anymore after that because she was really mad at my wife for being blunt with her so not sure what ever happened there

i get the windows calls too once in awhile. haven't got one now for a couple of years though. the last one i kept on the line for about 15 minutes pretending to be concerned and following his steps (i wasn't even at my computer). after i got bored i told him i was a cyber security expert. he said ok, now click here. he never did get it so i hung up on him

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Ok i was wondering what those were. I only have about 90 friends on fb because I'm an a....le so any new request is suspicious, especially hot chicks.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I would be really suspicious if any chick, young or old, that befriended me. But then I would have to be on a social media sight that does such things. And I don't have any Facebook, Tweeter, or any of those accounts. :facepalm:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Ok i was wondering what those were. I only have about 90 friends on fb because I'm an a....le so any new request is suspicious, especially hot chicks.

That's twice as many as I have and I still think that's too many.... Only really talk to a handful....

brian4321

Petty Officer 1st Class
The whole Facebook scam is really pretty stupid, and you'd have to be pretty gullible to fall far it. If I understand correctly, if you go along with it, "she" will ask for inappropriate pictures or videos, and when you send them you'll get a call saying if you don't pay X amount of money they'll send the pictures or videos to all your Facebook friends. I guess in this case at least they're preying on naive, desperate or unfaithful men instead of old ladies.