Nascar Camping in Phoenix

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The fourth race of the season is coming from Phoenix. Cup and X-Men will see green for practice and qualifying starting Friday afternoon. MRN's schedule for the weekend;

phoenix.PNG

Weather - It's Phoenix, one of the coldest spots in the US of A. Friday will be 94, Saturday is 96 and Sunday will be another cold one at 95. No rain in the forecast, so no :smow:

Once again only 39 entries, so everyone races.

News & Notes
  • The Guru speaks and no penalty for Shrubby. Ridiculous! 2 CC's were whacked for 1 loose/missing lugnut - $10K each.
  • M&M is not happy with Shrubby swinging at Logano. A sponsor probably has more weight than Nascar. In 2011 Mars dropped primary sponsorship for two racer after he intentionally wrecked Ron Hornaday under caution.
  • TV ratings - Vegas was down almost a full rating point, 3.58 vs 4.4 last year and more than 1M less viewers.
  • A short news week - No rule changes.

iBoats Fantasy Live
Don't forget to work on your line up and make any changes before the race on Sunday. I cleaned up all the non-players, 11 or 12 of them. I hope I didn't hit any of you guys that are playing.

Last week the Vegas winner was TB2448. He held off Tinknocker, who is still the overall leader. Congrats TB2448 and you win the cup.

slurpee11.png

Humpty_Bloater, Esq.

GA_Boater

Phoenix qualifying results;

Logano on pole, followed by Blaney, Dale Jr., Larson, McMurray, Keso, Elliott, Jones, the Unrepentant Twerp, Kahne, Shrubby Sr. and bringing up the rear, Kenseth.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Pretty sad a driver can get fined for a loose lugnut, but not if you go and clock someone..... Something seems a little off.....

GA_Boater

Nascar's "excuse" is Twerp didn't use his car to retaliate like Kenseth did against Logano last year at Dega. He kept it personal. :facepalm:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Well, then everyone should get out of their cars and punch the guy(s) they're unhappy with...... Apparently, no ramifications.....

GA_Boater

They should have cage matches after the races to settle differences. Sells more tickets!

boatman37

Lieutenant
just wondering if kyle would have went after Richard Childress like that.....lol

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I read an article yesterday, that stated that Mars/M&M called Joe Gibbs and told him, once more, we are pulling sponsorship, so if that is true, Kyle might have screwed up one of the biggest sponsorships in NASCAR over his throwing of punches last Sunday, and by him interview after the NASCAR hauler meeting yesterday, I have a bit of a tendency to believe it may be true! Kyle really didn't want to say anything bad or good yesterday, so it will be interesting to see how this may turn out!

:eek:

GA_Boater

The Twerp said to a reporter just what happened;

When Busch tried to make a move down the backstretch and avoid a slowing Brad Keselowski on the last lap, he made contact with Logano. He felt Logano then took revenge right away.
"It was instantaneous," Busch said. "I made a move down the backstretch that cut Joey off - and I had to; I wasn't just going to roll out of the gas and fall in behind Brad and probably lose spots to more guys behind me. So I made a bold move - I was two-thirds of my way past Logano, and I figured I can wedge my way through there a little bit.
"And I did, and it was instantaneous retaliation. That's what I thought and that's kind of what I still think."

I think this very subject is explained in every driver's meeting. You can't force your way into another car's space.

If Joey had lost his car and wrecked, the shoe would be on the other foot. How would the whiner explain having a punch thrown his way? I hope M&M/Mars makes him eat his words by dropping him. You have to be a good representative for the guy paying the bills. Johnson found that out a few years ago when Lowes took exception to some of his on-track antics early in his Cup career.

Jayski's story about the Friday morning hauler meeting - http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2017/story/_/id/18939598/have-kyle-busch-joey-logano-buried-hatchet

GA_Boater

Austin Dillon was a butthead!

After he was spun by Cole Custer, when Custer came back around, Dillon blocked him with his smashed car and pinned him to the wall. He must be taking lessons from The Twerp. Dillon was parked and he, CC and spotter called to the Hauler. Maybe this one will turn to be different than Nascar handling The Twerp.

GA_Boater

Allgaier, An X-Reg, wins. It's a Dash For Cash race, so he adds $100,000 to his payday.

Why are Cuppers allowed in Dash For Cash races? Like Austin Dillon!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Why ask why....... It's NASCAR, nothing ever makes sense....

GA_Boater

To the back - Hamlin for changing tires and Amirola for an engine change.

3:44:30pm: Scheduled Green Flag. Hope the flag doesn't drop at 3:44:25 and mess up the DVRs.

GA_Boater

Green flag and not on time - 4 minutes late. LOL

75 laps for the stage.