Nascar Monster Stage 2, Races 4, 5 & 6 From Atlanta

sam60

Captain
Tim Fedawa is a dude I haven't about in a while..now a spotter.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Bowyer slides into the well. A tire went down. Working the 5 minute clock.

Pit stops all around with 45 to go. Gonna be close on the fuel window and checkers.

GA_Boater

16 to go and Dillon loses his battery or the alternator breaks. 2nd time today for a Childress car. Newman also had sparkie woes.

Fuel mileage won't be an issue.

GA_Boater

Too fast on pit road. Like the 11th one today after only 1 last year. The talking heads say there must be a new timing line.

GA_Boater

Keso wins Race #3. After dominating all day, the speeding on pit road moved Harvick back to finish 9th,

The top 10 - 2 42 20 5 24 22 41 78 4 1

iFL shows Tinknocker in 1st place. Final results on Tuesday.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well I was pleasantly surprised, I was able to watch the last 80 laps of the race today, my wife was flipping through the various apps we have on our online streaming system and even though I canceled our subscription to playstation vue, they forgot to tell Fox sports Go and the app was still unlocked!

Interesting race, I am amazed that Larson gave it away like that, inexperience always loses against experience!

GA_Boater

Larson and his CC has a basic race strategy problem. All last year he cruised the high line where he can drive faster, but using more fuel because he's going further. The problem as I see it, is he doesn't drop down toward the end of the race and it bites him.

That's what happened today. He stayed high and Keso took Larson's win away. He has to change his style and move down in the closing laps or the "old timers" will continue to keep him out of Victory Lane.

Penalties so far - The Dinger was caught with 3 loose lugnuts in the post-race nut check. :eek: A bunch of money, a bunch of driver and owner points and his CC sits out 3 races is the penalty for loose or missing nuts.

GA_Boater

Still waiting for the official race results. But the news keeps coming, so;

A fan knocked over an oil drain pan in Shrubbies garage and the oil got on two of his tires. Shrubbs and tires have been a story in both races this season. He complained that Goodyears couldn't hold air at Daytona

Nascar is always generating talking points about the improving the sport. One of the latest is to make cars quieter. A snip from an article in Sports Business Daily;

NASCAR is considering making its cars quieter, according to several sources, a move that could make it easier for fans to talk to each other during races and engage more socially. The idea is still being evaluated and might not be adopted, but NASCAR has informed team owners

Axalta nee Dupont is already working on paint schemes in support.

pedalcar.PNG

GA_Boater

If only shrub was Photoshoped into the drivers seat.

If I could Photochop! :facepalm:

Official results confirm the iFL winner - Tinknocker takes the day at Atlanta and get this reward for his hard work

slurpee11.png

Congrats, Tin.

Off to Vegas for the next race - X-Men and Cup. No Trucks until April Fools Day. :rolleyes:

sam60

Captain
If I could Photochop! :facepalm:

Official results confirm the iFL winner - Tinknocker takes the day at Atlanta and get this reward for his hard work

Congrats, Tin.

Off to Vegas for the next race - X-Men and Cup. No Trucks until April Fools Day. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I was short one P.