My New to Me Car

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
This is the first base engine for me in as long as I can remember and these direct injected 4 cylinders seem to get up and go with ease.
If I have a choice, I would likely stay away from a direct injected engine. Not all have issues but many have carbon build up problems.

JoLin

Vice Admiral
15,116 miles is as good as new. Whenever I buy a used car, I always change the oil & filter right away - good filter and synthetic oil. Then I know for certain when the oil was changed and what is in the crankcase.

I've always done the same, but oil and filter were changed as part of the dealer prep. Factory bumper-to-bumper warranty is good until July of next year, and the powertrain warranty until July of 2020.

It's the 'newest' used car I've owned. It's spotless. :joyous:

Last edited:

Maclin

Admiral
Sounds pretty good to me JoLin :) Last November we bought a certified pre owned, it had fresh service, a little bit extra warranty added in, and first service 3,000 miles later was on them. It still looks and smells new, and we got the new car rate at credit union. Congrats, and wish continued good luck.

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Sounds pretty good to me JoLin :) Last November we bought a certified pre owned, it had fresh service, a little bit extra warranty added in, and first service 3,000 miles later was on them..

I bought my Outlander from a Mitsubishi dealer in 2011. The car was 4 years old but only had 19,000 miles on it and was in great shape. I bought the Equinox from my local Chevy dealer. Both those cars had been originally purchased, maintained and traded in at the same dealership where I bought them used. You pay more buying from a new car dealer (about 10% for the Equinox), but they ALWAYS have the best used cars. I also don't have to deal with paying off liens, shady owners, guys who are 'selling it for a friend' and all the other craigslist BS.

My .02

Last edited:

REN3G8

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Congrats on the purchase,my friend had the Older 09 Equinox and he was happy with it.

I own an 08 Rav4 V6 with 144k Kms on it (90k miles roughly) and I definitely recommend the 2008-2012 V6 Rav4's. The 3.5L V6 is a beast, very reliable, good on gas and much better to drive than the newer 4cyl 2013-up Rav4's, and yes... you have the added capacity to haul a boat up to 3000lbs that the 4cyl models don't have.

82rude

Rear Admiral
jkust around here sonatas were used as taxis and racked up impressive miles virtually trouble free.