Hope to be back!

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Just got home yesterday from another hospital stay that was supposed to be done last month. They did another surgery on my legs and so far there has been much improvement. Much of the pain has been relieved and I'm much more mobile. Now to regain my strength and now that it's warming up soon I'll be able to get out and get busy on the boats again. At least I hope. It's been a horribly long year and am looking forward to getting wet again!

Kevin aka bonz_d

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Welcome back and glad to hear you're on the mend! :eagerness:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Looks as if I have a lot of catching up to do.

Yeap, and check out both the Starcraft and the Resto forum SOTY. Great nominees in both, and 2 really great winning builds.

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome back Kevin. The hospital - while full of wonderful folks doing great work - stinks :)

I hope the recovery goes easily and that you see tremendous benefit from it. I hope we see more of ya' around :thumb:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Nice to hear from you again. Equally nice to hear you are feeling less pain with more mobility. Take it slow and let yourself heal and recover. Then back on the boat with updates and pictures. Good to hear you on here again.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Thanks everyone. It has been hard to focus on just about anything as of late. With three trip to the cardiac unit last year and my legs acting up again I just kind of lost all interest. With the changing season and sunshine and feeling little pain I'm ready to get back to work and enjoy some nice hot fishing.

dozerII

Admiral
Glad to see your on the mend Kevin. Enjoy the sunshine, spring is right around the corner.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Good to hear you're on the mend. Now we need spring to hurry up and get here so we can all get outside and get to fishing.

aspeck

Staff member
:thumb::clap2::peace::clap2::clap2::cheer2::rockon: Okay, time to get moving and working on the boat! Spring is right around the corner and the fish will be HUNGRY! Glad things are looking up!

alldodge

Staff member
Great to hear your up and around, and going inn the right direction

Maranvin

Seaman Apprentice
Good luck hope u can get to doing the things u like to do quickly. I'm just getting ready to have surgery so I'll be out for 5-8 weeks. Hopefully will be ready for spring stripers

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Good to hear you're on the mend. I only know you by reading your thoughtful experience and input on this forum, but please know I'm with many others glad to hear you're getting back in action. I know what you mean about losing interest in other things during difficult times, as I'm sure others can relate to as well.

Take care,
Mark

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Well tomorrow will be 1 week and I was hoping to be further along. All I can say is I must have lost a lot of muscle in my legs while sitting on my keister. these past months. Legs still get tired and there is still some pain but not nearly as it was. 1st follow-up with the Dr. is on Tues.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Started walking the treadmill this week and it's been slow going. So far I've gone about 10min before having to stop while today I made it 14min and was tired but the pain was much less. Goal is to get to 30min before I try and speed it up.