Paint the slanted part of the ceiling to grey add 'height'?

Paint the slanted part of the ceiling to grey add 'height'?

• woman says yes

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • woman says no

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • man says yes

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • man says no

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

WIMUSKY

Staff member
According to the poll, it looks like both genders agree....... Grey......

64osby

Admiral
Take 2 cups of grey and mix with 2 cups of white. Mix well and paint the slope.

Compromise. :D

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Well, she had a work emergency last night so was on phone, laptop in her office so while I was painting the wall (that you can't see, where I blew out the wall) I quickly painted the slant. She didn't notice until this morning.

So far, no immediate bad reaction. I told her I'm leaving it up for a couple weeks before I let her make up my mind.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
As you might guess, the wife and I have differing opinions. You can choose multiple answers. Please consult your SO

paint the slanted part of the ceiling the wall colour or leave white for ceiling.

Yes we have no fan blades - just scraped ceiling and yes I will be painting door moulding; just put in new door..

not exact same shot but you can see and no I haven't trimmed the top just rolled it. If shes making me paint white again didn't want to get invested in trimming in.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
looking into kitchen, we've decide to build boxes on top of existing and get all new doors. Painting all of it. New bar (left over wall) has been a big hit at our parties. Yes, the top is plywood I've got 100 year old barn oak ready to hit the planer. Going to match the table on the left that is the same wood, built by a friend for us.

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
this was fun - we had some unused space at the back on the pantry which is under the stairs. We decided to move all electronics from the cabinet (and donate the cabinet) and fish all thru the all into a custom made space.

My brother always overbuilds. 2x4 Ibeam to support about 15 lbs.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
and the end result. I'm also going to build one to drop in between studs, a couple feet tall with some slanted shelves. Run power to it, drop in a USB plug and will be an off to the side charging station so phones and crap don't pile up on the bar area.

Last edited: