NASCAR

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
How many demerits for squished bugs on the windshield tear offs? :facepalm:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Go back to the garage, you stay there, otherwise, you get 5 minutes to fix your ride on pit row I believe.....

GA_Boater

Go back to the garage, you stay there, otherwise, you get 5 minutes to fix your ride on pit row I believe.....

I think you're guessing and Nascar sure doesn't know! Maybe the the bug splats are counted and a point deduction for each one LOL

The funny part about the new rule is only 5 minutes to fix original parts only. So no more taping on new panels. No more running around with a naked radiator on the short tracks?

With the new points system and fixable cars being parked, it's going to hurt.

GA_Boater

A side note - No notice from Nascar about Fantasy Live for the 2017 season. It's only 18 days until the 500.

Tnstratofam

Commander
That sure makes a driver want to take risks to move up doesn't it. Might as well run the races at caution speeds that way no one gets hurt. Then hand out participation trophies to everyone at the end of the race. :first:

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
That sure makes a driver want to take risks to move up doesn't it. Might as well run the races at caution speeds that way no one gets hurt. Then hand out participation trophies to everyone at the end of the race. :first:

This sounds about right,...

Golf is more exciting anyway,...

GA_Boater

Play with blue balls. They can be seen against the snow.

aspeck

Staff member

Nope, it has been "clarified"... you can go to the garage to change a transmission or fix a radiator, etc ... as long as the problem did not occur in an accident. If it occurred in an accident, you have 5 minutes to fix it on Pit Road.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Here's something. What if your car breaks, leaves debri on the track, and then causes a wreck. Is your car considered part of the wreck if it isn't damaged but is broken?

Just wondering how the other teams are gonna feel if you get all kinds of time to fix your car but they're limited to 5 minutes. Even though your broken car started the wreck.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I guess we'll see how much of a cluster Daytona will be....... I wouldn't doubt they change the rules again early in the season. It's not like they've done that in the past.....:facepalm:

GA_Boater

The rules are set for the duration...................in Raspberries Jello! :tongue: