Send some warm weather my way

gonfishn

Commander
Its been as low as -40 here so far, But would have it no other way. The bright side is that the fishn is great as long as you have heat in your ice house.. Muskie season is a few months ahead here in Mn

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
This is what it's like here now. Sucks! Just too hot. Didn't have winter here this year. Blech.

I'll have to start cutting the grass next week if this keeps up!! :yell:

weather.jpg

charleso

Petty Officer 2nd Class
BWR1953, you haven't had any storms around you have you? We had tornadoes within 2 miles of the house two weeks ago. Yikes!!!

charleso

Petty Officer 2nd Class
And gonefshn, sending warm weather your way, don't know if it will make it.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
BWR1953, you haven't had any storms around you have you? We had tornadoes within 2 miles of the house two weeks ago. Yikes!!!
Not lately. Had a tornado warning here a couple weeks ago as a big front moved through. Shortly after that we got down to our normal temps for this time of year. But it didn't last long. A single light frost one day and a hard freeze the next, then back on up the scale we went. Ugh. :blue:

In my life I've lived where it's frigidly cold with horrendous ice storms in some places and mountains of snow in others. Temps as low as -10F with 25MPH winds for example which could last for weeks. And the airport was closed for months at a time.
Been through several blizzards. :smow:

And I've also lived where it's blistering hot and dangerous to even be outside. Like 128F in the shade. :eek: :flame:

When I came back from the hot place I went straight to the cold place. It was 115 when I left and -10 when I arrived, snowing sideways with 25MPH winds. That's a 125 degree temperature change (not to mention the wind chill) and I was just wearing my lightweight summer clothes! BRRRR!!

I chose this area because it's in between those two. Summer is humid for sure but not really much different than when I lived up north. And it got a lot hotter for a lot longer up north too. I remember once when we had high temps over 100 for eleven days in a row with very high humidity and "lows" in the upper-80s and no rain for 6 weeks that summer! Talk about a tinder box. Whew! Where I live now it's never gotten over 99F.

Normally we get frost and it cools off in October here with spring-like weather until mid-January when it would get cold for several weeks, then back to spring weather for a month or two before the summer warmup. The coldest I've experienced here was sitting in a tree stand in November when the temp was 14 degrees. I just wasn't dressed as warmly as I would have been while up north. Bone cold! :cold:

But it's been several years now with nothing like that at all. I miss the cooler weather. Dangit. :rant:

Quite frankly, if I could do it all over again, I'd probably end up in western NC, north GA or maybe eastern TN. Maybe. :noidea: :lol:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Hey there Gonfishn, glad to hear you are still with us.

How's the ticker doing?

Did you move to the ole MN homestead, or are you just visiting?