Super Bowl

WIMUSKY

Staff member
He deserved it. 2 years later, then suspend the guy? The owner made a mention of 2 years ago but said no explanation was needed what happened. Goodell bailed as soon as he gave the owner the trophy......

64osby

Admiral
Was rooting for the Falcon's. Great first half for them. Fun game to watch with the second half drama.

A super bowl OT, most seem to have been blowouts as of late.

Congrats to NE Pats and their fans.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The best comment here in Atlanta so far;

The weathercaster on the CBS station was showing the weather cam at Bicentennial Park and she said "Here's the view from the CBS46 Weather Cam showing a bunch of sad Falcons fans" LOL

tpenfield

Staff member
Wow . . . I thought for sure that we (NE) were going down. Amazing comeback. I feel so much for Brady given the year that he has gone through with his Mom being sick and everything. Happy, Happy, Happy for him and his family to have done this.

Patriots never have a boring Super Bowl. :) 31 un-answered points . . . it just doesn't happen :rolleyes: :)

Looks like we got a parade to go to on Tuesday. I'll post pictures :D

GA_Boater

I won't be posting victory parade pics from downtown until :flypig:. LOL

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Whawawat happened ??
I turned the channel for 5 mins and fall asleep .
Wake up and turn back to see em passing around the trophy .
Then I couldn't get back to sleep for missing the comeback ..

RGrew176

Commander
I have watched all 51 of the Superbowl Games, on TV of course and this one is IMO the best ever. It's #1 in my book. Great game, fantastic comeback.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
glad my Chiefs didn't make it to the dance, it would have been embarrassing. A few years back, second biggest playoff meltdown in history - this is the biggest in Superbowl history but I bet we could have failed more spectacularly....

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I have watched all 51 of the Superbowl Games, on TV of course and this one is IMO the best ever. It's #1 in my book. Great game, fantastic comeback.

so you saw this?

e5685950591015ef66fe6dd39b3dc94c.jpg

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Can't blame it on the weather G A. It was (and still is) picture perfect.86 here today) I was rooting for Atlanta too; but! I can pass along something funny that happened here. I was watching the game in the garage; the wife comes in and asks "why are there so many commercials?" I told her " would you play his 15 seconds for 5 million bucks?" "Oh".I still love her.

tpenfield

Staff member
I went to the parade yesterday. . . OMG way more people than 2 years ago :eek: . I'm not sure what the final estimates were, but it was 20-30 people deep all the way along the parade route. Really hard to see unless you got there a couple of hours early.

I didn't have much time because of meetings, so I got over there late but managed to take a few pictures from way back in the crowd, but then had to leave pretty quick to catch another meeting at work.

Here are a few pics, but that's about all I got. The good old 'Duck Boats' rolling once again . . .

Owner's - They had all 5 SB trophies in the parade superbowl51-D.jpeg

Coaches - Matt Patricia went to my alma mater (RPI), which is kind of interesting since we were not really known for our football team, hockey was our D1 sport.
superbowl51-C.jpeg

"Roger That" T-shirt :D
superbowl51-B.jpeg

The 'GOAT' himself, along with Jimmy G and Brissett.
superbowl51-A.jpeg

Despite the snow that changed to rain, everybody and their cousin came out. . . . I wish I could have gotten there earlier

GA_Boater

"Robert still wants Pash out," an ownership source told La Canfora. "The only way there will ever be a full reconnect between the Patriots and Goodell is if Pash was no longer there."

I think the article neglected say there will never be a "full reconnect" between the Pats and the NFL as long as Godell remains the commissioner!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
"Robert still wants Pash out," an ownership source told La Canfora. "The only way there will ever be a full reconnect between the Patriots and Goodell is if Pash was no longer there."

I think the article neglected say there will never be a "full reconnect" between the Pats and the NFL as long as Godell remains the commissioner!

Agree.... And that goes with the fans too. And not just the Pats....