Super Bowl

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Already Friday and nobody has commented about the game. Some must think its a "Done Deal". Anybody coming down here for the game? The weather is supposed to be decent (60-70). Also they are suppose to open the roof so Brady can see the Texas stars! This whole week has been fun and games down there; people are everywhere.(So is Security)

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
I don't think it is a "done deal". Way too many things can happen on either side to affect the results. To me a 41-34 Pat's win would be great!

robert graham

Admiral
The ads and cheerleaders are my favorites!....but Rex Ryan looks like he's on his "A" game these days...may be hard to stop Atlanta right now!....

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Agree with the ads and the girls. It just seeded strange that nobody has commented. I don't think its going to be a cake walk either way; they are both good teams, That pun about the roof came from a radio guy, I know he was not happy getting banged around when they played Houston, And Houston was destined to lose because of their QB. I'm going to stay on G A's good side and go with the Falcons.

Redfred1

Chief Petty Officer
Oops! Sorry Sir; you are right! I'm afraid I have to blame it on a slippery mouse. I got tired of cleaning the wheel on the wired one; got a wireless; that moves faster. In order to change the speed; I must sign on as administrator to change. The manual is in one of four drawers of a filing cabinet in the garage. Another thing for the "To Do" list.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
I'm not even sure I'll watch the game. I don't necessarily think it's a foregone conclusion that either team will win. For me, it's because I hate the Patriots and I could care less about the Falcons. I suppose I'd like to see Atlanta give New England a good thumping, but I don't really care enough to watch the game.

My feeling about Super Bowls, even when I am rooting for one of the teams, is that the games rarely live up to the hype. In hockey and basketball, playoffs result in games of substantially increased intensity, which makes for great viewing. In football (and baseball, for the most part) playoff games aren't much different from any other game, and often they are quite boring.

I know it would eliminate one week of getting to milk the Super Bowl cash cow, but I actually think the games would be better if they played them the week immediately after the conference playoffs. That way, a team that got hot for the playoffs might be able to carry some momentum into the the Super Bowl and potentially upset a statistically stronger team.

angus63

Captain
Ready! Predicting a 33-31 Falcon win. Wings, ribs, chili, and a metric ton of local micro brews are going to be the victims today. Enjoy the show (and the game)!!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I would be more excited if the Steelers had managed to pull off a miracle win over the Pats 2 weeks ago. I hope for a grudge win by Atlanta to keep Brady at 4 SB wins.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
i

Done deal! Brady's the man! And, he wants to stick it to Goodell just like all the Patriot fans.......

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
I don't follow sports at all but we do watch the Super Bowl every year for the commercials. Looks like slim pickings this year though. Gonna be a lot of political stuff in the ads and whatnot. :grumpy:

Just ordered pizza, antipasto salad and wings for a 6pm delivery. That's the good stuff! :D ;)

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Just turned it on. Not into all the pre-game stuff...

Pat's 3 and out..

GA_Boater

When the pre-game is almost 2 times longer than the game - Yeah, way too much.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Where's the flag? Clearly out of bounds went he got hammered..

GA_Boater

1st turnover. ATL recovers a Blount fumble. Pats were driving, too.