NFL - Conference Championships

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I am a Steeler fan, I was born and grew up there. And I like them, too. Call me a homer if you want. But the Steelers got beat, pure and simple.

Blame the coach, the flu, fire alarms, Brown dancing in the end zone or posting FB live from the locker room, the fact remains - They got whooped. No, I'm not happy the season ended that way, but yesterday the better team won. Bell could have made a difference, but you can't rely on one player.

I want the Falcons to beat the Pats in the SB. Not because I like them more than the Pats, in fact I don't like either one. I just don't want Brady to get one for the thumb!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I want the Falcons to beat the Pats in the SB. Not because I like them more than the Pats, in fact I don't like either one. I just don't want Brady to get one for the thumb!

Ah c'mon. He needs to complete the quintet.............

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Go Falcons. Not an Atlanta fan, but - as a Bills fan (from a bit of a distance these days). I certainly don't want to see Brady "get one for the thumb". I think "my team" is safe from providing the good folks in Buffalo "one for the thumb"...ouch!

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
The best thing about Brady and the Patriots winning is showing up Goodell.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Wonder how many times they checked the air in Brady's ball . :D
Thinking the Falcons could give them a run for their money ...

GA_Boater

The best thing about Brady and the Patriots winning is showing up Goodell.

I didn't think about that.

If that happens, they should put Brady 1st in line to receive the trophy from Goodell....

Too bad they don't get the rings at the trophy presentation. Brady could wear all 4 and show Godell which finger gets #5.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Too bad they don't get the rings at the trophy presentation. Brady could wear all 4 and show Godell which finger gets #5.
You bring up an excellent point. Who says anything about it being on the thumb!

ajgraz

Lieutenant Commander
Well they never said what the Browns' odds were or what the comparative total amounts bet were.

Maybe the Browns were 100, 000:1 and a lot of folks decided to throw down $1

GA_Boater

Well they never said what the Browns' odds were or what the comparative total amounts bet were.

Maybe the Browns were 100, 000:1 and a lot of folks decided to throw down $1

I don't think it mattered. LOL

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
He has had a good career. Doesn't need to risk more brain injury.

aspeck

Staff member
Mixed feelings about Big Ben ... definitely a great QB, and has made great strides toward improvement in his personal life also. However, every now and then "Cocky Ben" reemerges and that sometimes can be a real distraction for the team as he spouts off as if he was the coach or knows much better than the coach. He also seems to play at his best when injured ... kind of the wounded animal in the corner syndrome ... and he has had more than his share of injuries. I said all that to say I would hate to seem him retire while he is playing so well (3rd best season statistically of his career), but I would hate to see him stay too long and go out in a not so nice fashion (injured with a life altering injury or just poor play). I pray that he does what is truly best for him, and if it is retirement, I sure hope the Steelers can find another franchise QB to take his place, and some WR that can actually hold on to the ball when it is thrown their direction.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
You have AB....... Although I hear he's more worried about his stats than anything...........

GA_Boater

He didn't say yes, he didn't no. He said he's looking at options.

In my opinion - Making a story to fill 2 weeks until the SB.