NFL - Conference Championships

WIMUSKY

Staff member
CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS: SUNDAY, JAN. 22
GAMETIME (ET)/SCORETVTICKETS
NFC Championship: No. 4 Green Bay at No. 2 Atlanta3:05 p.m.FOXTickets
AFC Championship: No. 3 Pittsburgh at No. 1 New England6:40 p.m.CBSTickets

Notable Injuries:

Green Bay Packers: QUESTIONABLE: RB Christine Michael (back), WR Jordy Nelson (ribs, illness), WR Davante Adams (ankle), WR Geronimo Allison (hamstring), S Morgan Burnett (quadricep), CB Quinten Rollins (neck, concussion). OUT: RB James Starks (concussion), C JC Tretter (knee)

Atlanta Falcons: No players listed as questionable, doubtful or out.

Pittsburgh Steelers: QUESTIONABLE: LB James Harrison (shoulder, triceps), TE Ladarius Green (concussion), RB Fitzgerald Toussaint (concussion)

New England Patriots: QUESTIONABLE: WR Danny Amendola (ankle), TE Martellus Bennett (knee), RB Brandon Bolden (knee), LB Dont'a Hightower (shoulder), WR Chris Hogan (thigh), WR Malcolm Mitchell (knee), DL Jabaal Sheard (knee)

Some sick players too, Steelers and Packers........
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...green-patriots

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...mpionship-game

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
And up in Foxboro a gale is moving into town. So weather could also be a factor.

GB/Atlanta will be 72 and with no sun.

angus63

Captain
My heart wants Pitt and Green Bay, but my brain says my heart hasn't got anything right since meeting the Mrs thirty yrs ago.

GA_Boater

Angus - So far through the playoffs the home teams won, until last Sunday when Pitt and GB beat the favored home teams. There is still hope.

Volphin

Lieutenant
Yeah, the Pack is going to be Packing. We'll see the dirty birds and the 'riots in SB 51.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
2 blowouts......Kinda unusual for conference championships......

GA_Boater

Not anymore. Steelers are having a tough time.....

Sarcasm posted as the first drive was steaming down the field. FG was the result, but since then - HOT.

NE vs Atlanta in Houston for SBLI. It should be a good game with Ryan and Brady.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I missed the 1st drive watching national news. The wife changed the channel after GBs game.........

Even tho my team is NFC, you know me, go Brady!

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I missed the 1st drive watching national news. The wife changed the channel after GBs game.........

Even tho my team is NFC, you know me, go Brady!
I think I am going to root for the Falcons. They haven't won a Super Bowl yet.

tpenfield

Staff member
Falcons were a surprise (to me) after all the talked about Aaron Rodger's performance of late.

I figured that my Patriots needed to play well to win . . . and they did. The flea-flicker was a great play.

boatman37

Lieutenant
Disagreed with Pitts decision to go long ball on 3rd and 1 on their opening drive. They were running the ball at will up to that point. Lost all momentum there and no points. Also getting stuffed at the goal line from 1st and goal at the 1 foot line didn't help. I think those 2 plays were difference makers. If they put points up on their opening drive momentum is now on their side and if they punch it in the end zone its a different game.

Steelers really need to figure out how to adjust to opponents strategies. Brady was picking apart their zone defense like he always does. Obviously what they have done hasn't worked so lets keep doing it?

I still feel strongly that their is a lack of discipline on that team and that starts with the head coach. How many penalties did AB have early in the year for touchdown dances? If Cowher was still there there would have been 1 penalty and that would have stopped. AB recording the locker room last week? Players suspended? I really hope Tomlin cracks down on these guys next year or we will have a repeat of this year.

Oh, and the middle of the night fire drill might not have hurt, but certainly didn't help and was ignorant at a minimum. Wouldn't surprise me eat all to find Belichek was behind that too.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Oh, and the middle of the night fire drill might not have hurt, but certainly didn't help and was ignorant at a minimum. Wouldn't surprise me eat all to find Belichek was behind that too.
When your team doesn't play well...blame Belichek! LOL

Belichek just out coaches the other coaches. Plain and simple.